Drag Dealer

Started by gstours, January 06, 2020, 03:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Here,s a vendor that has 1.5mm even better for the hex and earred washers nowadays.   If this helps.?
CARBONTEX multiple thickness carbon fiber sheets for fishing reel drag washers
0.6mm/.0236", 0.85mm/.0335", 1.1mm/0.0433", 1.5mm/.060"
Condition:New
Sheet thickness:
Quantity:
4 available
69 sold / See feedback
Price:US $17.90Buy It Now-
 Add to cart-
 Add to Watchlist
Longtime member
Returns accepted
52 watchers
Shipping:$5.00 Economy Shipping from outside US | See details
See details about international shipping here.  

Item location:
Wesola k Warszawy, Poland

Ships to:
Worldwide
Delivery:
Estimated between Thu. Jan. 16 and Mon. Feb. 3  
Please note the delivery estimate is greater than 7 business days.
Payments:
PayPal Visa Master Card Amex Discover
PayPal Credit
Special financing available.  Apply Now  |  See terms

Returns:
30 day returns. Buyer pays for return shipping |  See details

pito

it'd be nice to have a direct link please... looks like ebay somewhere...

Bryan Young

Are you sure it's carbontex?  Carbontex is a tradename of SmoothDrag and I don't see any indication that these are from Smoothdrag.  Imitation!!!
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Rancanfish

I thought I saw a discussion where Dawn actually commented on this?  Where she brought up that the name Carbontex is her copyright?

Either that or I have reel dreams.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

oc1

So. I guess we should just call them carbon fiber with phenolic resin.
-s

Donnyboat

Yes Steve, I agree, it is hard to get anything larger than 1mm over here, the 1.5 mm & the .86 mm  could be good I find the .5 that is available is a bit to thin, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

oc1

Donny, there used to be a guy in Australia that was selling small sheets in a variety of thicknesses on ebay.  At one point, that was the only source to buy the sheets on line.  The material has a weave and color just like the ones from Smooth Drag.  I can't find that listing any more though.

Smooth Drag applied for a trademark for "carbontex" a year ago.  The application says, "CARBONTEX™ trademark registration is intended to cover the category of repair of fishing tackle".

But, a company called Falcon Headwear that makes trucker caps already received a trademark for "carbontex", presumably to be used in conjunction with their headwear.  I don't know how all that trademark stuff works.

-steve

Tiddlerbasher

I have bought a few sheets from these guys - only 1mm and .5mm though. But the quality has been good and the shipping is free :)

http://www.downriggershop.com.au/

Donnyboat

Thanks Steve, Chris your correct, in Australia, they charge $1:00 more for postage/ sheet. you can get about 5 sheets in the one envelope, I still find the .5 sheet a little thin, not sure how it would last, with a good size fish on, as I say, the .85 or 6 sheet, could be handy, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat