I wasn't aware of the D.A.M. Quick Limited Edition 1000 FD

Started by The Fishing Hobby, May 02, 2020, 01:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Fishing Hobby

Quote from: Alto Mare on May 02, 2020, 03:02:18 PM
Nice reels!
Funny how I have never seen these and from your posting there are now a few fir sale on eBay😏

Sal
That is where I picked this one up. There were two sellers listing them when I bought mine. I bought from the guy selling them with a BIN of $80.

The Fishing Hobby

Quote from: Midway Tommy on May 02, 2020, 05:13:01 PM
Quote from: Dominick on May 02, 2020, 02:29:41 PM
Oh yeah, and Festus and Tommy.  Dominick

A little too recent for this ol' codger, but sure looks like a nice reel.

I picked up one of these at a yard sale for practically nothing a few years back. I'll have to dig it out of one of my totes, open it up and post some pics. It is really a smooth & interesting reel. I tried it out in the yard a couple of times before I removed the line and it casts a mile and reduces looping problems just like it was designed to do.

Interesting reel, I'd like to see the internals out of curiosity!

Balvar24

There are some less expensive modern Quicks on ebay.  Graphite bodies.  I wonder what the gearing looks like on them?

The Fishing Hobby

Quote from: Balvar24 on May 03, 2020, 03:55:21 AM
There are some less expensive modern Quicks on ebay.  Graphite bodies.  I wonder what the gearing looks like on them?
They don't use worm gear drives.

Balvar24

How do these compare in size to the older 1000, 1001 series reels?  They look to perhaps be larger?

The Fishing Hobby

Quote from: Balvar24 on May 08, 2020, 02:44:51 PM
How do these compare in size to the older 1000, 1001 series reels?  They look to perhaps be larger?
The body is similar in size, but the rotor/bail assembly is much bigger. Line capacity on this one is 150yds of 6lb mono.

Midway Tommy

Quote from: The Fishing Hobby on May 03, 2020, 02:46:37 AM
Quote from: Midway Tommy on May 02, 2020, 05:13:01 PM
Quote from: Dominick on May 02, 2020, 02:29:41 PM
Oh yeah, and Festus and Tommy.  Dominick

A little too recent for this ol' codger, but sure looks like a nice reel.

I picked up one of these at a yard sale for practically nothing a few years back. I'll have to dig it out of one of my totes, open it up and post some pics. It is really a smooth & interesting reel. I tried it out in the yard a couple of times before I removed the line and it casts a mile and reduces looping problems just like it was designed to do.

Interesting reel, I'd like to see the internals out of curiosity!

Kevin,

You can see it over here.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Balvar24

How light of line have you guys tried on these?

I don't need another ultralight.  I don't fish enough to justify the ones I have.

But, it's really cool and I keep getting an itch.