A few with the 714

Started by wfjord, May 03, 2020, 02:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wfjord

Looking for stuff to do while social distancing, so I was going through the images on my camera and found these from earlier last year.  That day was an outing on which I used a 714 Spinfisher and an '80s Bantam Mag 1000SG baitcaster.  I didn't keep any of the schoolie stripers or hybrids, but I did cook up the three biggest bass.

Benni3

That's kicking it,,,,, :D fabulous trip,,,,,, ;D

Alto Mare

Love to see these pics with the vintage little guys.
Nice fishing wfjord!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Newell Nut

Looks like a good time and some good food to boot. Go get some more soon.

Dwight

Benni3

Great job,,,, :D great job what pound test your running,,,,,,, ;D

RUSTY OLD COLT

great little reel , love to catch bass on the old green penns

wfjord

Thanks, all.

Bennie, looking at the photo, I believe that reel had 8# blue Ande Backcountry on it. It's pretty good mono.  I keep 14# original fused Fireline (smoke color) on a couple others and 20# PowerPro on another.  Overall, I like the way the Fireline handles best on those little reels.

EDIT:
Correction: Upon closer observation it looks like I had two 714's there. The reel in the 1st and 3rd photos has the blue 8# Backcountry. The one in the 2nd pic is lined up with 14# Fireline.

Benni3

Quote from: wfjord on May 04, 2020, 02:40:34 AM
Thanks, all.

Bennie, looking at the photo, I believe that reel had 8# blue Ande Backcountry on it. It's pretty good mono.  I keep 14# original fused Fireline (smoke color) on a couple others and 20# PowerPro on another.  Overall, I like the way the Fireline handles best on those little reels.

EDIT:
Correction: Upon closer observation it looks like I had two 714's there. The reel in the 1st and 3rd photos has the blue 8# Backcountry. The one in the 2nd pic is lined up with 14# Fireline.

Now that had to be a blast my friend,,,,,,,,,,,  ;D