Daiwa Saltiga spool bearings

Started by sabaman1, May 05, 2020, 06:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabaman1

I have some Daiwa Saltiga two speed reels that I'd like to service the spool bearings. So I would like to know what is the best process to cleanout and relube to achieve better free spool? Also does the drag plate bearing contribute to free spool?

Thanks Jim
JIM

alantani

jim, i usually try to pack the pressure plate bearing with grease.  it doesn't affect free spool.

regarding the pair of spool bearings, lately i've been opening up just one side, then hitting it with corrosion x, then blasting it with compressed air, then carb cleaner, then compressed air, then TSI 321.  the main reason is to get them totally clean with a minimum amount of carb cleaner.  been going through that stuff too fast. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

sabaman1

Quote from: alantani on May 06, 2020, 03:47:57 PM
jim, i usually try to pack the pressure plate bearing with grease.  it doesn't affect free spool.

regarding the pair of spool bearings, lately i've been opening up just one side, then hitting it with corrosion x, then blasting it with compressed air, then carb cleaner, then compressed air, then TSI 321.  the main reason is to get them totally clean with a minimum amount of carb cleaner.  been going through that stuff too fast. 
Thank you Alan, for your knowledge and expert advise! Hope you have a great day!

JIM