alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Il Pescatore Completo -- The Complete Fisherman
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
June 02, 2020, 03:15:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Il Pescatore Completo -- The Complete Fisherman  (Read 524 times)
wfjord

« on: May 10, 2020, 11:14:12 AM »

A very good video about traditional Italian fly fishing w/ home made rods/poles, horsehair lines, & flies. Similar to Tenkara method.  I particularly liked the part about the soft hackle flies. He ties them in the old way, only with his hands.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 12:16:08 PM by wfjord » Logged
bhale1
Photo Group

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 08:25:10 PM »

that was fascinating..loved it...nothing better than watching what the fish are eating and tying your own imitation.Dang,  I need to break out my vise and get back to work,,, Grin... been years, probably cant tie midges on 22's any more, but should try......Inspirational!
Brett
Donnyboat
donnyboat
Photo Group

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 06:32:40 AM »

Very interesting, thanks woody, some people are gifted with very good eye  sight, I was trying to take a knot out of a 3 Lbs leader a day or two back, & I was struggling to see the leeder with my glasses on, cheers Don.

Don, or donnyboat
wfjord

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 12:56:19 PM »

My eyes aren't what they were, either, and I no longer tie much of anything on sizes 22 or smaller.  Hard for me to see well enough to tie 'em onto a tippet while standing in a stream at lower light levels.  Some of those midge flies are so tiny they could accidentally be inhaled.  Also probably couldn't get a knot out of a 3# tippet without a bodkin.
David Hall
Firearms Group

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 04:17:40 PM »

What a fantastic tribute to a wonderful fisherman.  Thanks for sharing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: