Il Pescatore Completo -- The Complete Fisherman

Started by wfjord, May 10, 2020, 07:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wfjord

A very good video about traditional Italian fly fishing w/ home made rods/poles, horsehair lines, & flies. Similar to Tenkara method.  I particularly liked the part about the soft hackle flies. He ties them in the old way, only with his hands.

bhale1

that was fascinating..loved it...nothing better than watching what the fish are eating and tying your own imitation.Dang,  I need to break out my vise and get back to work,,, ;D... been years, probably cant tie midges on 22's any more, but should try......Inspirational!
Brett

Donnyboat

Very interesting, thanks woody, some people are gifted with very good eye  sight, I was trying to take a knot out of a 3 Lbs leader a day or two back, & I was struggling to see the leeder with my glasses on, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

wfjord

My eyes aren't what they were, either, and I no longer tie much of anything on sizes 22 or smaller.  Hard for me to see well enough to tie 'em onto a tippet while standing in a stream at lower light levels.  Some of those midge flies are so tiny they could accidentally be inhaled.  Also probably couldn't get a knot out of a 3# tippet without a bodkin.

David Hall

What a fantastic tribute to a wonderful fisherman.  Thanks for sharing.

Gobi King

"learned from the relationship with the river"

It is what time on water gives you, we lost one of our best fly fisherman/tier last year, he had a notebook where he kept a log of river/fly/color/hackle ... meticulous logs. 40 plus years of relationship in a log book.

Great video, thanks for sharing.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

oc1

The world owes Yvon something for what he did for several of our favorite sports.  I sometimes splurge on a Patagnia product just out of gratitude.
-steve