A handy little item

Started by Swami805, May 12, 2020, 12:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swami805

Bought this off the Cortez Conversions site a little gizmo to hold the parts together on the gear sleeve while installing it in the side plates. It comes in fine and coarse the threads for penn 500 gear sleeves  the fine thread works on Newell's too. Hope he'll make some for the other gear sleeves at some point
Do what you can with that you have where you are

mo65

I saw those on Tom's site...sweet little item...gotta get me one of those! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Alto Mare

Yes, great tool.
I'm going to grab a couple myself and ask Tom if he could make us some for the larger Senators as well.
Those will come handy when installing a double dog from the 6/0 and up.
Thanks for sharing Sheridan!

Sal

By the way, where did you get that orange Newell?...how much will it take for me To give you a little more room on your shelf😂.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

nelz

I've used a short piece of rubber hose in the same way. I got the idea when I saw CC's tool and decided to somehow make something similar. You just have to find the right size hose/tubing for your sleeve. It just slides on and off. Of course CC's tool is a much more refined solution.  ;D

Alto Mare

I've been using thread protector caps for many years, this tool from Tom is a much better option and makes us look like pros🙂.

I'm glad Tom decided to make them and the cost is only a few bucks.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.