Tools explained (copied from wherever I saw it)

Started by xjchad, May 14, 2020, 03:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuttyhunker

Addition:
To properly break in any of the above requires being left out in the rain for a minimum of 3 weeks by the wife and or children.

Poor sense of direction, rarely able to find the way home after being lent out.

Exhibit the superpower of invisibility when needed for a job.
Doomed from childhood

Bill B

SON OF A #### TOOL: Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling 'SON OF A ####!' at the top of your lungs. It is also, most often, the next tool that you will need.

I have a large collection just outside the shop....LOL
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

happyhooker

Sounds about right.

The author forgot one:

SABER SAW:  A saw you select last when you have tried all the other saws and nothing worked properly; you use the saber saw, and that doesn't work for the job either.

Frank

Midway Tommy

RECIPROCATING SAW: A handheld devise designed to sprain or break wrists and guarantee blade manufactures make lots of money!  ;)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

oldmanjoe

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on May 15, 2020, 06:55:57 PM
SON OF A #### TOOL: Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling 'SON OF A ####!' at the top of your lungs. It is also, most often, the next tool that you will need.

I have a large collection just outside the shop....LOL

I kid you not , i worked with a guy who did this .   He would send them flying out the back door into  sand lot yard .  He was not going to find or even pick them up.   
  He would just get a new set from sear .        I have 3 maybe 4 complete sets and about 30   1/2  9/16  3/4 craftsman wrenches .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Ron Jones

Quote from: Cuttyhunker on May 15, 2020, 01:36:36 PM
Addition:
To properly break in any of the above requires being left out in the rain for a minimum of 3 weeks by the wife and or children.

No reason to lie here, we've all left tools out in the rain!
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

jurelometer

Quote from: Ron Jones on May 17, 2020, 05:42:48 AM
Quote from: Cuttyhunker on May 15, 2020, 01:36:36 PM
Addition:

No reason to lie here, we've all left tools out in the rain!
The Man

Finally found my missing combination square in February.    Right on the edge of the roof where I left it in October. All I had to do to find it was to buy a new one.

-J

Midway Tommy

Nothing irritates me more than someone using one of my tools and not immediately putting back where they got it! I hate wasting time looking for a tool, or anything else for that matter, that I know I have.  >:( If I want to waste time it should be sitting on my butt fishing or something enjoyable, not trying to find things I know I have. More than person has had a sore rear end from a good butt chewing for not putting something back where it belongs!  ;) I learned that from my dad.  ;D He was terrible at picking up stuff and throwing it in a box of nails or something else instead of going over and putting it in the tool box. It always irritated the hell out of me when we were working together. At some point every box in my parent's house will have to be completely emptied because who knows what's in there. One time he hid $1000 worth of silver coins in a hip wader in the garage when he went on vacation and forgot it was there for about 10 years.   ::)  He found it when he moved.  :D  And BTW, he doesn't drink.  :-\   
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

oc1

I spent about 25% of my time using tools.  The other 75% is spent looking for a tool.
-s