Double dogging senator 114H

Started by BigTim13, May 14, 2020, 05:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigTim13

I have been working on a senator 114H and was indenting if anybody knows where to buy the dog that will make the dogs work independently. I have a Cortez stainless steel 10 tooth sleeve. I've seen some guys post that they have made theirs. But I'm not that inclined. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

alantani

tim, welcome!  i personally don't do any of the double dogging, but several guys here have done so.  or at least i think they have.....

checked both pro challenger and cortez conversions and did not see a 114h double dog bridge plate. 

anyone else?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

BigTim13

Thanks. I'll look at their posts and see if I can't figure it out. I will update if I'm able to get it done.

BigTim13

Finally got around to getting this reel double dogged. I was able to get it double dogged in unison. Does anybody have a recommendation for which dog to start out with to get them to alternate. Looks like it needs to be longer rather than shorter. I know it will need some file work and patience to get it perfect. Just looking for a part to start with.

Donnyboat

Hi Tim if you have them both working @ the same time, it places even pressure on the gear sleeve, auturnatly it sounds like a machine gun, would drive you mad after a while. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

BigTim13

Thanks Don. I'll keep that in mind.