Shimano’s Old Gold (Triton Mark II)

Started by jason_purdy, May 16, 2020, 10:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jason_purdy

Mail call - just got a new to me Shimano Triton Mark II.  I've wanted one of these for some time, and this one is a beauty.  It doesn't look like it's been fished much at all. I can't wait to try it out.

-Jason

Donnyboat

Thanks Jason, looks really nice, are you going to strip it, and check the lube before you use it, at least  grease the screws, happy fishing cheers Don,
Don, or donnyboat

PacRat

I've had one of these for decades. They are nice solid reels. Maybe a little weak in the drag department. These have canvas drag washers with Shimano grease on them. I've always wanted to check and see if one of Bryan's drag stacks will fit...it would be a great upgrade to this reel.

Deepennz

Hi there,
That reel surely has more value as a collectors item than a front line reel.
It is easily the nicest one I have seen, and the box as well!!!
If you want to fish with one I have 2 - both slightly used and scuffed. I would happily send you one.
PM me if you are interested.

Cheers
Martin

jason_purdy

Donnyboat, I plan a quick breakdown with a little cleaning and some fresh Cal's and TSI 321.

PacRat, I don't know about Bryan's ultimate upgrade (which would be awesome) but based on another post on this board it looks like I can swap out HT-100s (2x #6-60s, 1x #6-113) for better drag performance.

Deepennz, I can't say that I'll fish this all the time but I do plan to test it out. I appreciate the offer, and I'll make sure to let you know if I'm looking to add another one.

Tight lines all.

-Jason