D.A.M Quick Super (Super Quick?)

Started by Brandon G, May 17, 2020, 10:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon G

Hello,

I got this, this weekend in an auction bundle.
It looks like it is in decent shape, but when you spin the handle, you can hear loose parts rattle.

I'm interested in either fixing it up and using it (depending on what it is really meant for), or selling it fixed or as it is now. (Or Penn reel trades)

If you need/want more pictures I can definitely oblige.

I haven't worked on a spinning reel ever so, I hope it isn't too hard to work on.
Tight Lines :)

PacRat

Should be fairly straight-forward. That reel is a beast. Can you tell if the rattles are coming from under the spool in the rotor or are they coming from inside the body (gear box)? There isn't much plastic at all in there so maybe it's just a chunk of old hard grease or debris. Good luck and have fun with it.

Midway Tommy

Sal did a nice little instructional post over here. It should pretty much get you through the disassembly/reassembly process without any hitches. If you run into a problem just ask. There are plenty of people here that will give you a pointer or two. Remember that it's always a good idea on older reels like your Super to clean all the old grease out of the bearing and relube it. There are plenty of tips here on how to do that and clean other parts appropriately. 
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

happyhooker

Don't shy away from taking a look under the hood of that DAM Q.  Hopefully (likely?) something straightforward.  If you have never seen the innards of one of these reels, that, in and of itself, will be worth the time.

Frank

Brandon G

Quote from: Midway Tommy on May 18, 2020, 01:04:38 AM
Sal did a nice little instructional post over here. It should pretty much get you through the disassembly/reassembly process without any hitches. If you run into a problem just ask. There are plenty of people here that will give you a pointer or two. Remember that it's always a good idea on older reels like your Super to clean all the old grease out of the bearing and relube it. There are plenty of tips here on how to do that and clean other parts appropriately. 
Thank you! I will check it out!
Tight Lines :)