Eared Washer

Started by Rancanfish, May 20, 2020, 02:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancanfish

While waiting for a bearing cup to come in the mail, I decided to go ahead and grease the new drags and put them in the 322-5.

But as I got to the center eared washer, I found it with a pronounced bevel shape in it.  I have never noticed that before.  Is this common?

Or is it what my subconscious is telling me, and the eared washer was on top of the stack and got warped?  My mind tells me I recognized something was out of order when I was breaking the reel down. 

That's why the top washer is thicker eh?
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

Bryan Young

Yup, something is wrong.

You could also use a jig master eared washer if you have one.  If not, I could mail you one.  Let me know Randy.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Rancanfish

Thanks, I have it covered.  Funny part was when I grabbed one out of the parts drawer, it wasn't flat either.  I found a nice shiny one on the second try.

I'm pretty sure it had been assembled wrong. That washer wasn't meant to bear that force.

Been waiting a week already for my bearing cup from our Ebay supplier.  No tracking number this time so don't know if the post office has it or what.

Boredom has me tearing down reels and I have 5 in the queue, waiting on parts.  I bought a Cortez clicker set for a 220 but no room to tear apart another reel. 

But, back to my real job today. 
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.