Dam Quick 25 reel

Started by Donnyboat, May 21, 2020, 02:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Hi everyone, hope your all keeping well & virus free, considering Alan was kind enough to start up this, trout section, I thought I would by pass the schematic section & come straight here.
     yes I am after the schematics for the above reel, I brought it recently for AU$ 30.00 including postage, it has a sticker on it, D/T, double taper, I presume, the line seems to fill the spool, cant see any under line or under lay, at this stage.
     any info on this reel would be good before I start dismantling it, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

wfjord

Don, you don't really need a schematic. It appears that a bit of drag is to be had by just adjusting that screw and/or turning the knob.

I found these pics on ebay:

Donnyboat

Thanks very much Woody, after that beaulite reel, falling apart when I opened it, & not knowing witch  way the parts went together, I thought I had best get some info first, what you have presented. looks exactly like the complete set up I have here, including the line, I think that little bit of drag will be handy, although I may be able to improve it a bit, thanks again, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

wfjord

It almost looks like a spring of sorts should or could fit up under that adjustment knob, but maybe not.  How does yours look?

Donnyboat

Thanks Woody, I opened mine, all the washer were on top of the spool, on top of the spool a very small wash, posibly not SS, the the felt wash, then the beveled washer under the ajustment screw, then the centre screw into the shaft, I dont have a lot of time till mess with it till Sunday, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

wfjord

Could that beveled washer be a Belleville (conical) washer?

Donnyboat

Now listen to me young Woody, I am a shearer not Sherlock Holmes, please talk Aussie English, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

wfjord

Sorry, next time I'm in Straya I'll pop around for some lessons. Ta, mate. Hooroo & cheers.

Donnyboat

Sounds good Woody, I will try n send some pics, last time I tried to send you an email, the post master sent it back to me, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Sharkb8

Cool looking reel Don are you doing any flyfishing and what fish are you going for.

Kim

Donnyboat

Thanks Kim, we have a large Dam here in Harvey, Harvey weir, it has rainbow trout, & red fin perch, the red fin are not native to WA, so they wont you to catch as many of them as possible, but you get a fined, if you return them to the water, the water is still to hot for the trout, they are possibly, laying dormant, on the bottom till the water gets cooler, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Sharkb8

We have red fin here in the reservoirs to they are good eating we used to sneak in and catch a wheet bag full when we  were kids ,now you can get a licence to fish at four different reservoirs.

Kim

wfjord

Don, here are the photos of your reel:

Donnyboat

Very good woody, & thank you, this is the order that all the parts were in when I opened it, but there was not any room for adjustments, only to place more pressure on the drag, no room to back it of.
    the small black washer, I am not sure if it should be there or not, so I have placed it under the spool for now, but might throw it yet.
    so I have placed the felt washer next to the spool, then the beveled wash, then the adjustment round nut, & the centre holding screw.
    of cause the more pressure thats place on the drag, the harder it is to turn the spool, the only lube I have given it is two drops of TSI321 on the centre pin, through a needle & syringe, & a little grease I have smeared on the back plate.
    I have not removed the line yet, though it looks to be just a bit thicker than the DT line I have on the Shakespear beaulite reel I have. Yes Kim, the red fin are good eating, going by all reports, the local Gov, want us to fish them out, but they are still demanding that we have a fresh water license. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

wfjord

You probably should tighten that knob just enough to prevent spool overrun whenever you're stripping line out, but keep it easy enough to reel in line.  I'm not sure about the little small washer, but it's size looks like it might fit up inside the adjustment knob.