alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial SOLD: Collector grade narrow Penn 114H 6/0 Senator full Accurate conversion
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
June 01, 2020, 11:49:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SOLD: Collector grade narrow Penn 114H 6/0 Senator full Accurate conversion  (Read 371 times)
Vintage Offshore Tackle
Webmaster

« on: May 21, 2020, 10:57:11 AM »

SOLD: Collector quality NOS narrow Penn 114H 6/0 Senator full Accurate conversion. Matching gold Accuplates, Accuframe, Accurate spool and Accurate power handle. The only significant flaws that I can see are that the front edge of the front foot of the stand is dinged up, and there is a small ding in the bottom of the right side plate that does not penetrate the anodizing . Aside from that, it is a 9.9 on a 10 scale. These big Accurate 114H conversions are hard to find in any condition. A shelf queen like this is truly rare. $325 plus $13.20 for shipping by Priority Mail with tracking to anywhere in the USA including Hawaii, Alaska and the Territories. We prefer Venmo, Zelle or Facebook for payments, but if none of those work for you, PayPal is OK too.

* IMG_0536.JPG (3329.5 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 38 times.)

* IMG_0537.JPG (3934.72 KB, 2448x3264 - viewed 40 times.)

* IMG_0543.JPG (3876.71 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 37 times.)

* IMG_20200521_113608731.jpg (3761.37 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 38 times.)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 09:04:41 AM by Vintage Offshore Tackle » Logged
sabaman1

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 08:15:32 PM »

Very nice piece Randy!

JIM
Vintage Offshore Tackle
Webmaster

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 07:28:57 AM »

Very nice piece Randy!

Thank you Jim, but Ted deserves the credit for finding this one.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 07:29:29 AM by Vintage Offshore Tackle » Logged
Maxed Out
Keep Clam !!
Sensei

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 08:11:19 AM »

This reel was 1 of 9 that were built at the accurate machine shop for thier salesman to have samples to show. I bought 7 of those 9 original accurate reels from the actual salesman himself, and Randy traded me for a few of them. This gold narrow 6/0 is surely a rare opportunity to own a piece of accurate history. It's never been used. The couple marks on this reel are from poor packaging during shipping. Yep, I cried for a minute or 2 when I opened that box with 3 accurate reels all together with no packing material separating them

Ted
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 09:44:33 AM by Maxed Out » Logged

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!
Darin Crofton
Tampa, FL Photographer
Firearms Group

Work is for people who don't fish!

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 08:33:19 AM »

This reel was 1 of 9 that were built at the accurate machine shop for thier salesman to have samples to show. I bought 7 of those 9 original accurate reels and Randy traded me for a few of them. This gold narrow 6/0 is surely a rare opportunity to own a piece of accurate history. It's never been used. The couple marks on this reel are from poor packaging during shipping. Yep, I cried for a minute or 2 when I opened that box with 3 accurate reels all together with no packing material

Ted
Ted, is the red beast I got from Sal from this original 7 you had?

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?
Alto Mare

Southeastern Pennsylvania

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 09:15:24 AM »

No Darin, I purchased a half dozen narrow kits from Tiburon about 10 years ago, that would be frame and spool.
I think I still ave one red kit and a couple of other colors.
If I remember correct those were $165 per kit.
The plates came from a member here for $225, with no spring, bearings and cups and no screws.

Randy is giving anyone a heck of a deal, if you add custom inner guts the reel would be worth well over $600.

That above is a $500 reel as you see it, even if the guts are stock... maybe $25 less because if that small mark, but still a nice reel, having all matching parts from Accurate.
Sal
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 09:20:36 AM by Alto Mare » Logged

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.
Jim Fujitani

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 11:09:08 AM »

Sure is a pretty reel!!!
Darin Crofton
Tampa, FL Photographer
Firearms Group

Work is for people who don't fish!

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 04:43:03 PM »

No Darin, I purchased a half dozen narrow kits from Tiburon about 10 years ago, that would be frame and spool.
I think I still ave one red kit and a couple of other colors.
If I remember correct those were $165 per kit.
The plates came from a member here for $225, with no spring, bearings and cups and no screws.

Randy is giving anyone a heck of a deal, if you add custom inner guts the reel would be worth well over $600.

That above is a $500 reel as you see it, even if the guts are stock... maybe $25 less because if that small mark, but still a nice reel, having all matching parts from Accurate.
Sal
Thanks for the info, Sal! I'd buy this reel in a second if I had the extra funds, been working/fixing my boat up for Gag Grouper and Red Snapper season that's right around the corner...

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?
Alto Mare

Southeastern Pennsylvania

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 05:11:25 PM »

I hear you Darin. By the way Iíd did purchase full accurate reels from Ted in the past, one was a beautiful blue and I should have held on to it.

I hope someone that can afford it grabs this reel... itís priced right.

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.
Maxed Out
Keep Clam !!
Sensei

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2020, 05:39:15 PM »

I hear you Darin. By the way Iíd did purchase full accurate reels from Ted in the past, one was a beautiful blue and I should have held on to it.

I hope someone that can afford it grabs this reel... itís priced right.

Sal

....and I had pure pristine green accurate jigmaster 500 fully converted. It wasn't for sale until Randy found some guy that offered me $450. I still wish I wouldn't have sold it

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: