Okuma Titus tg10 two speed question

Started by WalterWyman, May 21, 2020, 07:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WalterWyman

Interesting question! I have a Titus 10 two speed take the spool out and the handle spins no problem put the spool in and tighten the back and not put on the lever drag handle and the handle turns hard I can't figure out what might be scraping causing this prob!  Any help would be so cool!!

Wally
"You said the grinding sound just started after leaving it sit wet for 1 year?" I see.....

alantani

Is it grinding when the drag is properly set?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

WalterWyman

Alan no it's grinding with out having the lever or the preset nob or anything connected! I did look and saw a  very little space and it did look like the e clip on the inner piece of the pinion was hitting the main gear so I shimmed it and the grinding stopped now in free spool with the drag all set up gives you a deep jet sounding wurr as it freespools!

Wally
"You said the grinding sound just started after leaving it sit wet for 1 year?" I see.....

alantani

Hopefully it's working well enough.... :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

WalterWyman

After talking with the boss he said it's done, drags are good and the freespool is good with the wurr so it's done! Thanks for checking in!!
Wally