Finding a drive gear and pinion for Shimano Twin Power 2500 FC 09

Started by CarlHolmberg, May 24, 2020, 09:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarlHolmberg

Hi!

I have an "old" shimano Twin Power 2500 FC which have worn out gears. Unfortunately, as seems to be common knowledge on this forum, Shimano does not really like to keep spare parts for older reels in stock. I have talked with my local fishing store which told me that shimano (at least in sweden) did not have the parts. I have also looked around the web but only found the pinion for sale at a french site.

So, do you guys have any idea on how to get a hold of the parts RD 12593 (Drive gear), RD 12586 (Pinion gear)? Or could it be possible to modify some other available shimano gears to fit the reel?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It feels a shame to have to retire the reel!

RowdyW

Hi & welcome to the site. It would be nice to introduce yourself in the welcome section first to let us know a little about yourself instead of using this as just a shopping site. We like to know a little about everyone that wants to join the family.       Rudy

alantani

carl, welcome!  i checked and my shimano spinner parts only go up to 10000.  check with either shimano directly (877-577-0600) or southwestern parts (214-630-8161).  good luck!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

foakes

Welcome aboard, Carl!

Just checked -- don't have those parts.

I will make a few inquiries for you over the next couple of days.

Most places here in the US are closed of course on Sunday's -- and tomorrow is Memorial Day -- so in a few days I will get some answers back.

All the Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

CarlHolmberg

Quote from: RowdyW on May 24, 2020, 09:46:34 PM
Hi & welcome to the site. It would be nice to introduce yourself in the welcome section first to let us know a little about yourself instead of using this as just a shopping site. We like to know a little about everyone that wants to join the family.       Rudy

Hi and thank you! Also, thanks for the reminder to write something about myself! Its nice to know that people here care about eachother!

Quote from: alantani on May 24, 2020, 09:52:00 PM
carl, welcome!  i checked and my shimano spinner parts only go up to 10000.  check with either shimano directly (877-577-0600) or southwestern parts (214-630-8161).  good luck!!!

Thank you Alan! That's a bummer! I have noticed that my size of reel is quite light weight when compared to the normal sizes used for salt water fishing in the US. I will try to call both Shimano and southwestern to see what they can do, thank you!

Quote from: foakes on May 24, 2020, 10:08:02 PM
Welcome aboard, Carl!

Just checked -- don't have those parts.

I will make a few inquiries for you over the next couple of days.

Most places here in the US are closed of course on Sunday's -- and tomorrow is Memorial Day -- so in a few days I will get some answers back.

All the Best,

Fred

Thank you!

Nice of you to check, I'm really happy for the help! It really seems to be a hard find, I just heard back from the french site, which could not get a hold of the drive gear.

Gfish

Hope you find one Carl. The Twin Power might be an interesting reel to see a little tutorial on: what it looks like internally, your opinion on how well constructed it is, how it compares to other spinners, etc., etc. Haven't seen much on these reels other than advertising. Just a suggestion, good luck on your search!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!