Dam ''01" Series Counter Balance & High Speed Sticker

Started by Midway Tommy, May 27, 2020, 08:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midway Tommy

Hey Fred, or anyone else that may know.

Any idea how to easily get to the screw under the High Speed decal to remove the counter balance on the off side of the bail without ruining the decal?
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

foakes

I just carefully use an x-acto knife to get around the edge -- then slowly go underneath the HS badge -- which slices the glue.  Just pops right off -- and glues right back on.

I have an old dull office knife that I also use once the edge is just slightly exposed.  Just wiggle and lift at the same time.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

philaroman

I've removed wrong script labels from meds boxes w/ alcohol

wasn't trying to save labels, but no damage to the box w/ gentle cotton-ball rub

maybe, gentle soak would make the label float off  ???

experiment it with an insignificant vintage label, first

Midway Tommy

A tedious, and be extremely careful process, especially since this one had seen a lot of salt water without a good cleaning, but it works just as you advised. Thanks a bunch, Fred!

More to come in a few days.

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

mo65

Good job getting it off there Tom...that ain't easy. Those are awesome reels though...bet she's a sweetie when you get finished. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

basto

Hi Tommy
Congrats on finding a 3001. My favourite DAM of all. Looking forward to seeing it when you are done.
Greg
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Midway Tommy

Greg,

It's actually a 2001. I heisted the first photo off of the interwebby to use as an example because I was too lazy to use my camera.  ;) The second photo is my 2001.

Tommy D (ORCA), NE