110 rotor question ..

Started by basenjib123, April 03, 2020, 05:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

basenjib123

I have a 110 rotor that will not budge.  Question...these rotors pull off,  correct?  I know the Microlites are threaded on but I haven't seen a 110 that is threaded.  Any ideas on how to get this thing off?  Soak it overnight with PB Blaster,  still won't move.  Thanks,  Joe.

festus

Yes, they are threaded..  Only other reel I recall dealing with threaded rotors was the Daiwa 7250.

basenjib123

Thanks,  it is a left hand thread or right?  My memory is going,  I don't remember these guys having the threaded rotor.

foakes

The 110 and the 265 are both THREADED.

Plus, you must be careful -- the threads are very fine, in the aluminum rotor -- and if cross threaded on to the steel Worm/Pinion -- could ruin the rotor.

Another note of caution on the earlier 265 Microlites -- there are (2) versions.  One has typical Righty-Tighty threading -- the other is left hand threading.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

kjdunne

Fred,

Is the rotor nut & rotor right or left hand thread?  I just picked up a 110 that needs looked into...

Kal

foakes

Hi Kal --

All DQ 110 Microlites are right-tight.

The next generation older 265 Microlite can be either right or left -- since there was an early and late version during their 4 year run.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

happyhooker

I was working on a 110 a few weeks ago--my first.  If you are careful, dealing with the rotor should pose no issues.  The fact that the rotor is threaded on threw me for a bit, but it was easy enough to deal with.  Like Fred said, take your time putting it back on to avoid cross-threading; I had no issues with this once forewarned.

Frank