Fish on

Started by Gobi King, June 01, 2020, 03:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobi King

Pan fishing is my first love and everyone in the fam enjoys it.

Some pics from last weekend.

Grandma caught a dozen, action was slow in the morning, picked up around noon as it was warmer. This one was the biggest.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Donnyboat

Thanks Gobi, nice picture, good that your fishing with Granma, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Ron Jones

A plate full of cornmeal breaded panfish for breakfast is one of lifes great joys!
Well done indeed.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

steelfish

a day to remember and a great picture

congrats my friend
The Baja Guy

Benni3

Very cool,,,,, 8) and grandma is having a blast,,,,,,,, ;D

Gfish

"Pic(s)". 1 cool one so far.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Keta

You would have fun kokanee fishing.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Gobi King

We have curfew in the adjoining town starting at 7 pm to 5 am, I had to call the local police to confirm curfew did not apply to us.

The fish are in shock to due rapidly changing temps, very slow.

Yeah, I have been mesmerized by kokanee fishing, much of the same techniques apply to Great Lakes coho and other species.

lol, more pic(s), you can the laser fleet racing in the background, that was an illegal activity, DNR has not issues us a lic to use the lake to race yet  ::)

Fichigan

Dominick

Hey Shibley I remember pan fishing when I was a kid.  We baited the hooks with bread balls.  Do you do the same?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Gobi King

Quote from: Dominick on June 02, 2020, 03:15:45 PM
Hey Shibley I remember pan fishing when I was a kid.  We baited the hooks with bread balls.  Do you do the same?  Dominick

Dominick,

Yes, I used to take a slice of loaf and wet it and squish it into a ball and use it as bait.

We use any of the ones below:
corn, bread balls, raw shrimp pieces, wax worms, Canadian worms

The Crappies are bedding, I am going to entice them with some plastic twister tails
Fichigan

Newell Nut

All fishing is cool and some cooler than others. ;D

Dwight

Gobi King

mo fish, little bigger this time
Fichigan

Gobi King

It has bit too windy to take the boat out,

We headed to the pier a few times and skunked.

Last weekend it was Cold and windy, grandma picked up a nice walleye.

The view of the sunset was worth the trip
Fichigan

Gobi King

went back the next day and the wind picked to gale force, we could not fish near the mouth of the channel and moved down further inside.

the high winds brought out the kite surfers (men/women who have cajones the size of basketballs)
Fichigan

Gobi King

Dewinterized the "fishing machine"

Cleaned all battery contacts  and charged the batts in my garage and I am happy to say that the volts at the helm are up a bit. Nice.

Could not find the remote to the minnkota so had to use gas motor, at lowest RPM at I was pushing 3.1 mph SOG, lol.

John, my fishing buddy came along to keep the boat level :-)
Fish caught = 0
but it was fun being out on the H2O.
Fichigan