Switch gears with the tides

Started by gstours, June 05, 2020, 03:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

A couple of days ago I took my neighbor Ken out fishing for halibut.  He said it's going to be a while till he can fish again as he had medical 🏥 appointments and had to travel 🧳 away from home.
  We jigged quite a while at the slack tide and moved to a spot to get behind some structure fora break from the strong flooding.  I had a little talk to the red cooler,   Then we switched to bait with 2 pounds of lead.   It was worth it as we picked up a couple nice ones 🙏 on my rod ironically!
   It's kinda crazy, nobody here wants to go, so I,m pulling my boat out for a while.😢

El Pescador

Gary!!!

You have to take the USS Maiko OUT OF THE WATER???

What about Dean??

He seems like if he is not fishing, he is not doing anything!!!!

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

gstours

Thanks Wayne,  as a friend, it's always good to share your information,  he likes fishing also, butt has a good job and likes to watch the dock and get away as much as I would.   
  Thanks for the great picture, I almost.  Good times.   We might not have much money ,  we got some fish.
  Hope the world heals itself,   I'm more concerned about you folks currently.  We might break wide open with the charter boat outside visitors soon.  Our governor has some quick decisions to make,  with no quarrinteen restrictions .... butt time will tell?   We live in a small community with a lot of big money outside interest during the summer tourist season.  I wish I could rant butt why?  Good luck 👍.

Thanks for being my friend.🎣

David Hall

Good to pull the boat out every now and then and catch up on all the little things deteriorating during all the time it's in the water working hard.  I got my engine issues done, cleaned and painted and tested,  launching tomorrow morning in not the best conditions just to get out and taste the salty sea air.  Watch the amazing sights on the bay and drop some bait.  I still have a laundry list to resume as soon as I get back in but nothing that cannot wait.  Head is out of order but I got a bucket, port side trim tab actuator is frozen solid with corrosion and removed for replacement, I got a bungee chord and bailing wire holdings the tab up and out of the way and I just won't make any left hand turns until it's replaced.  Still have a few more electrical terminal blocks to clean and coat with anti Ox, they're all working Butt? So it will be a long anticipated much needed short day on the water to get my head straight then back to my house to resume repairs.
Take time to take care.

Lingwendil

I'd love to go out on a boat for halibut, spent all day in Alameda getting skunked from shore!
Levelwind Lunatic! Cheap Bastard!

Penn and Pflueger nutjob!

Eyes out for: Pflueger Rocket, vintage 4-1 ratio or better spinning reels (especially metal-bodied and ultralight!)

gstours

Sorry about your report,  fishing from shore is generally easier,  butt limits you to fairly shallow water And most people don't wanna walk far.   I know you have limits with your family , time, and opportunities
   Boats have a lot of cost, maintenance, storage, towing needs, weather also can condemn your trip.
If I could take you fishing 🎣 , I would. Thanks 🙏.  Keep fishing,   Some areas are poor fishing, sometimes the season effects your catch,  with your day will come. 
  Keep busy,  make a plan, you,ll be fine.  Eat your fish.👍