Massive White SeaBass

Started by Johnny O'Reilly, June 06, 2020, 02:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny O'Reilly

Quote from: Gobi King on June 08, 2020, 02:10:05 PM
in the news

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/05/giant-white-seabass-heaviest-landed-kayak

FYI: I was shocked to learn that White Sea Bass has a life span of only 12 years

Holy White Sea Bass! I'm as shocked as you! Thought it would have been at least 20+ years old. Nice add, thanks!

Johnny O'Reilly

Quote from: oc1 on June 08, 2020, 07:08:26 PM
That was an adventure for sure.  The croker family, Sciaenidae, also includes the red drum and black drum which can get that size.
-steve
And yet another add that expands my knowledge of this species!
Thanks

Johnny O'Reilly

Quote from: Johnny O'Reilly on June 08, 2020, 09:01:04 AM
Quote from: CapeFish on June 08, 2020, 08:31:34 AM
awesome catch from a kayak, looks a lot like our kob, maybe they are in the same family?

Visually they look similar and can grow to about the same size, But they're  actually the largest member of the Croaker family. 

I stand corrected, it is part of the same family!

John

Johnny O'Reilly

Quote from: Swami805 on June 09, 2020, 11:01:40 AM
There's also the totuava in that family that gets to 100 kilos as well.
That is a monster, must have drug that kayak around pretty good,old man in the sea style. Fish of a life time for sure
I saw on another board a guy got one a little over 88lbs surf fishing. Must be the year of giant white  seabass

Lol that's so true..., Quoting Brian,  "I'll be back at the ramp in 45 minutes....." (Didn't happen) Beastie swam against him on the way back.... I'm sitting there on the ramp....  waiting waiting, waiting... I call him and ask, Where are you bro? He says, I'm almost in the harbor, but how do I hide it from the Seals...  I responded, this isn't going to be a Hemingway novel, I've basically got body bags and 40lbs of ice ready to take it home to be weighed and cleaned. Think positive! You have a catch of a lifetime during a"Global Pandemic"

1st world problems!

Ron Jones

How do I keep it from the seals!? LLLLOOOOLLLL!

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"