squidder power house gear multi plier

Started by Donnyboat, August 04, 2020, 02:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Hi every one, I have just read through the Squidder posts, looking for info on the above.
     A mate has a squidder with a Power House gear Multi plier fitted to the face plate, has anyone had any experience with one.
     if so did they work good, also would it have any collector value & what would be the gear ratio in them, Thanks & cheers Don. dont have pics just now sorry.
Don, or donnyboat

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Donnyboat on August 04, 2020, 02:27:47 AM
Hi every one, I have just read through the Squidder posts, looking for info on the above.
     A mate has a squidder with a Power House gear Multi plier fitted to the face plate, has anyone had any experience with one.
     if so did they work good, also would it have any collector value & what would be the gear ratio in them, Thanks & cheers Don. dont have pics just now sorry.

Do you want one?

Donnyboat

Are they worth having, what would be the price for one, can you give a description of what they do please. cheers Don. I know nothing about them.
Don, or donnyboat

Sharkb8

Hi Don the power house gear is 3 to 1 ratio used for fast retrieving lures but you loose torque if you get a big fish, reel 3 to 1 plus power house gear 3 to 1 makes the reel 9 to1 . They are less common than the reel deal tranmission or might be more valuable but I don't know what they are worth.

Kim

Donnyboat

Thanks Kim, I am learning all the time, I was very surprized that there is not more on this forum about them, keep well stay safe, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat