2020 Sandusky Bay Catfishing on Erie

Started by mo65, June 07, 2020, 10:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

The bay catfishing is on fire again this year. They were plucking 20 pounders left and right a week before we arrived. We still did great with many 13 to 15 pound fish. We used all vintage tackle this time, and it was a blast. My brother used his Pflueger 429, I used a Mitchell 306 and a Penn 930 Levelmatic.
   We released all cats back into the bay this year though, as the freezer is still full from last year. This time, before we headed home, we shot over to Port Clinton and bought 9 lbs. of walleye fillets and 3 lbs. of yellow perch fillets. This cost about the same as processing all that catfish, but performs much better in the skillet! Video to come later. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

mo65

Here are the combos we used.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

Very nice cats,,,,, ;) you're getting all the big ones,,,,,,, ;D

Midway Tommy

Nice, Mike! Cats are fighters! Their rolling makes them seem twice as big as they really are. They're a lot of fun to catch!
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

oc1

Good going guys.  Three weeks earlier than last year so you must have it wired.
-steve

mo65

My brother made this video of the trip...enjoy! 8)

Maxed Out

Nice going Mo. Looks like loads of fun and great weather too !
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Donnyboat

Gee Mike what a great report, nice weather, good clear pictures, really good moovey, that man on the net, was holding his mouth the right way to net the two fish at once, but although I had my eye on the job, I could not work out what you were using for bait, thanks for taking us along, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

JoseCuervo

Sharkb8

Good one Mike it nice to see different fish from other places around the world.

Kim

mo65

Thanks everyone! Hey Don, we baited with shrimp. There are a lot of cheaper baits to use for cats, but most are very messy, and I think the shrimp help Scott keep his boat in a cleaner condition.

steelfish

great pics and awesome video Mo, looks a really fun day.

love the knob on your bro reel

BTW, you need to eat more fish as we are in June and you still have fillets from last year, my freezer is empty and I still blocked to go fishing.
Quote from: mo65 on June 07, 2020, 10:27:49 PM
  as the freezer is still full from last year.
The Baja Guy

Benni3

Yes mo's using the coolest fishing gear,,,,, 8) and i bet gets alot of looks from other fisherman wondering wear they can buy that,,,,,, ;D