First DAM Bait Caster

Started by sandbar, December 29, 2023, 01:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandbar

Thanks to Alan for adding this spot in the forum for D.A.M. Quick Champion Bait Casting reels.
I just received a 700B today. Beautiful reel and obviously the high quality that DAM is known for. This one is too pretty to tear down. I have a beater purchased less expensively that I will disassemble for learning purposes when it arrives.
First thing I did was try to polish the emblem.

JasonGotaProblem

These are cool, I have one. Very well built, with quality materials. The location of the freespool button is the primary reason these didn't continue to compete with the ambassadeur.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

sandbar

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on December 29, 2023, 02:00:53 AMThese are cool, I have one. Very well built, with quality materials. The location of the freespool button is the primary reason these didn't continue to compete with the ambassadeur.
I heard that it was the lack of a thumb rest. I am hoping that one of the Ohana machinists can create a solution.

sandbar

Catalog info

Bryan Young

Those are some nifty wheels. I should've picked some up when I was living in Germany. I was just astonished by the different Penn reels that were produced for the Germany market.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

JasonGotaProblem

One thing I will say about this reel, and it's an overwhelmingly positive comment, it's one of shockingly few counterweighted handles I've ever held that ACTUALLY BALANCES. I can't understand why that's so uncommon.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.