alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Starfire, Monday July 13th, 2020 - FULL!!!!!!!!
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
July 11, 2020, 06:18:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Starfire, Monday July 13th, 2020 - FULL!!!!!!!!  (Read 4316 times)
Big Tim, jlezama, JoseCuervo, Jigtosser and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2020, 04:19:53 PM »

it's going to be epic!!!!!!  i should be arriving on saturday, so you can come by then if you want to spend the extra day to relax by the ocean. 
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 04:20:58 PM by alantani » Logged

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!
pjstevko

« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2020, 06:18:58 PM »

it's going to be epic!!!!!!  i should be arriving on saturday, so you can come by then if you want to spend the extra day to relax by the ocean. 

Thanks for the offer Alan but I'm not sure I can get the extra day off......
jlezama

« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2020, 12:45:30 PM »

Gents
      My apologies. I will have to cancel my reservation so one spot will be available. I am really bummed... but duty called so I am coming back to work on that day. Enjoy, it is gonna be epic! I will have my reservation cancelled on the landing within the next hour so anyone else can jump in.
Thanks
Juan

pjstevko

« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2020, 11:38:38 AM »

Gents
      My apologies. I will have to cancel my reservation so one spot will be available. I am really bummed... but duty called so I am coming back to work on that day. Enjoy, it is gonna be epic! I will have my reservation cancelled on the landing within the next hour so anyone else can jump in.
Thanks
Juan

Juan i'm sorry you have to cancel, hopefully we'll get to meet on the next big outing.

Can't wait to see all the family in a few weeks. It's gonna be amazing to have an entire boat full of AT members!!!!!
jlezama

« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2020, 03:57:12 PM »

We certainly will PJ!

Tight lines
Juan
Gents
Thanks
Juan

Juan i'm sorry you have to cancel, hopefully we'll get to meet on the next big outing.

Can't wait to see all the family in a few weeks. It's gonna be amazing to have an entire boat full of AT members!!!!!
alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2020, 09:21:25 AM »

been following this......

the boat should be fine.  the concern is the house.  the relative risk is probably extremely low, but it is never zero.  that being said, for now i will keep the house open and let those that want to go mask up at the house, or get hotels and just catch us at the boat. 

and, actually, the decision might be made for us.  the boat is open for now but could easily close this week at the whim of someone at san luis obispo county health.  stay tuned......

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/OPA/Pages/NR20-145.aspx

foakes

Sierra National Forest

« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2020, 09:45:09 AM »

Thanks, Alan --

I will be cancelling my reservation tomorrow or Tuesday -- so if someone wants my spot -- it will be open.

Unless we can reschedule for later in the year (Oct-Nov) -- then I will not ask for a refund -- just keep it in place so that everyone (Ohana) can also be on the trip if we reschedule.  Way too many unknowns right now -- personal decisions, respect or not for others, social distancing, politics -- even the Medical Professionals have seldom, if ever explored this landscape before.  We have a responsibility to protect our families, ourselves, our friends and neighbors, and the general public we may come into contact with.  Only each one of us can make these choices -- we need to rely on what we are absolutely comfortable with -- not others influences, ideas, or viewpoints.  Words are not an All-Clear -- verification and experience are the deciders, at least for me.

And it looks as if things are getting worse -- and we are only in the first 1/3 of this expected pandemic process.  

Things have been allowed to open up too quickly -- without regulations or enforcement.  

Profit motives, trying to get back to a normal, inconvenience, and much more.

This is just not only true for California -- it is everywhere, depending on opinions and motives.

Best, Fred
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 09:47:02 AM by foakes » Logged

Self-worth is how you value yourself. It’s not based on what others think of you or the things you have (or haven’t) accomplished—it comes from within. But it’s easy to forget that our worth isn’t determined by outside forces -- each of us sets our own price.

In life, be flexible, willing to listen to others, willing to change your mind based on your good judgement -- that is how progress is made, and new horizons are discovered.  When the winds of change blow -- A flexible limb moves and thrives -- a stiff and stubborn limb just snaps.
pjstevko

« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2020, 03:31:33 PM »

I NEED this trip to happen or i will lose my sh!t.....This trip has been the only thing keeping me from falling over from exhaustion due to work issues and my mental state needs this as well......

Alan please keep us up to date if you hear anything from the boat....I guess if this gets cancelled I could make a marathon run to SD and finally catch my first yellowtail.....
pjstevko

« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2020, 06:51:11 PM »

I guess if this gets cancelled I could make a marathon run to SD and finally catch my first yellowtail.....

Just figured this won't work either because Alan has all my 2 speed reels sitting on his work bench......
alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2020, 08:38:01 PM »

i'll get them done as soon as possible. 

JoseCuervo

« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2020, 08:54:04 PM »

Alan, can you give a newbie a lay of the land, backyard-wise speaking? I am trying to do my part to social distance and am looking to stay outside. It might be my only 'camping trip' of the year.  Roll Eyes

I have a cot and I just ordered a pop up bug net thingy, and I'll toss a tarp over that for dew mitigation.

Are there any trees for shade, or if one wanted to hang a hammock?

I figure a camp chair and a shade hat, some keg beer and good BBQ should do me just fine, the fishing will be a bonus.

Let me know what Dave and I can bring. I have a quart of Bookbinders cocktail sauce for the house so far.

Are any of these fine gents that will be there a BARBER Huh?  Roll Eyes

I hope the trip stays a go.

Rob

« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 07:39:10 AM by JoseCuervo » Logged
alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2020, 10:28:36 PM »

room #1 - a pair of twin beds

room #2 - a king

room #3 - a twin

room #4 - twin bunk beds, one on top of the other

room #5 - the living room and dining area, with a couch, two recliners and floor space. 

no sleeping in the backyard.  it's all hard dirt and weeds.  i may bring my excursion and sleep in the back.  i know that some guys are getting hotel rooms.  there should be enough room for all of us.  my big request is to be mindful of the neighbors.  one in particular is an old lady across the street.  i have yet to meet her but i will make sure i do so this weekend.  i would rather have her call me than the cops!!!!

pjstevko

« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2020, 08:08:22 AM »

i'll get them done as soon as possible.  

No worries Alan, take your time! I'm coming to Morro Bay as long as the boat is a go!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 08:11:56 AM by pjstevko » Logged
foakes

Sierra National Forest

« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2020, 11:56:33 AM »

I just cancelled -- so there is a spot open as of 12:44 PM, today!

Best, Fred

Self-worth is how you value yourself. It’s not based on what others think of you or the things you have (or haven’t) accomplished—it comes from within. But it’s easy to forget that our worth isn’t determined by outside forces -- each of us sets our own price.

In life, be flexible, willing to listen to others, willing to change your mind based on your good judgement -- that is how progress is made, and new horizons are discovered.  When the winds of change blow -- A flexible limb moves and thrives -- a stiff and stubborn limb just snaps.
pjstevko

« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2020, 12:01:01 PM »

I just cancelled -- so there is a spot open as of 12:44 PM, today!

Best, Fred

Sorry to hear you won't be joining us but I understand everyone needs to manage their own risk. I hope we'll get to fish together one day Fred so I can thank you properly for all the work you've done on my reels!

Pj
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: