Starfire, Monday July 13th, 2020 - FULL!!!!!!!!

Started by alantani, June 09, 2020, 09:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

it's going to be epic!!!!!!  i should be arriving on saturday, so you can come by then if you want to spend the extra day to relax by the ocean. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

pjstevko

Quote from: alantani on June 28, 2020, 12:19:53 AM
it's going to be epic!!!!!!  i should be arriving on saturday, so you can come by then if you want to spend the extra day to relax by the ocean. 

Thanks for the offer Alan but I'm not sure I can get the extra day off......

jlezama

Gents
      My apologies. I will have to cancel my reservation so one spot will be available. I am really bummed... but duty called so I am coming back to work on that day. Enjoy, it is gonna be epic! I will have my reservation cancelled on the landing within the next hour so anyone else can jump in.
Thanks
Juan

pjstevko

Quote from: jlezama on June 29, 2020, 08:45:30 PM
Gents
      My apologies. I will have to cancel my reservation so one spot will be available. I am really bummed... but duty called so I am coming back to work on that day. Enjoy, it is gonna be epic! I will have my reservation cancelled on the landing within the next hour so anyone else can jump in.
Thanks
Juan

Juan i'm sorry you have to cancel, hopefully we'll get to meet on the next big outing.

Can't wait to see all the family in a few weeks. It's gonna be amazing to have an entire boat full of AT members!!!!!

jlezama

We certainly will PJ!

Tight lines
Juan
Quote from: pjstevko on June 30, 2020, 07:38:38 PM
Quote from: jlezama on June 29, 2020, 08:45:30 PM
Gents
Thanks
Juan

Juan i'm sorry you have to cancel, hopefully we'll get to meet on the next big outing.

Can't wait to see all the family in a few weeks. It's gonna be amazing to have an entire boat full of AT members!!!!!

alantani

been following this......

the boat should be fine.  the concern is the house.  the relative risk is probably extremely low, but it is never zero.  that being said, for now i will keep the house open and let those that want to go mask up at the house, or get hotels and just catch us at the boat. 

and, actually, the decision might be made for us.  the boat is open for now but could easily close this week at the whim of someone at san luis obispo county health.  stay tuned......

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/OPA/Pages/NR20-145.aspx

foakes

Thanks, Alan --

I will be cancelling my reservation tomorrow or Tuesday -- so if someone wants my spot -- it will be open.

Unless we can reschedule for later in the year (Oct-Nov) -- then I will not ask for a refund -- just keep it in place so that everyone (Ohana) can also be on the trip if we reschedule.  Way too many unknowns right now -- personal decisions, respect or not for others, social distancing, politics -- even the Medical Professionals have seldom, if ever explored this landscape before.  We have a responsibility to protect our families, ourselves, our friends and neighbors, and the general public we may come into contact with.  Only each one of us can make these choices -- we need to rely on what we are absolutely comfortable with -- not others influences, ideas, or viewpoints.  Words are not an All-Clear -- verification and experience are the deciders, at least for me.

And it looks as if things are getting worse -- and we are only in the first 1/3 of this expected pandemic process.  

Things have been allowed to open up too quickly -- without regulations or enforcement.  

Profit motives, trying to get back to a normal, inconvenience, and much more.

This is just not only true for California -- it is everywhere, depending on opinions and motives.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

pjstevko

I NEED this trip to happen or i will lose my sh!t.....This trip has been the only thing keeping me from falling over from exhaustion due to work issues and my mental state needs this as well......

Alan please keep us up to date if you hear anything from the boat....I guess if this gets cancelled I could make a marathon run to SD and finally catch my first yellowtail.....

pjstevko

Quote from: pjstevko on July 05, 2020, 11:31:33 PM
I guess if this gets cancelled I could make a marathon run to SD and finally catch my first yellowtail.....

Just figured this won't work either because Alan has all my 2 speed reels sitting on his work bench......

alantani

JoseCuervo

Alan, can you give a newbie a lay of the land, backyard-wise speaking? I am trying to do my part to social distance and am looking to stay outside. It might be my only 'camping trip' of the year.  ::)

I have a cot and I just ordered a pop up bug net thingy, and I'll toss a tarp over that for dew mitigation.

Are there any trees for shade, or if one wanted to hang a hammock?

I figure a camp chair and a shade hat, some keg beer and good BBQ should do me just fine, the fishing will be a bonus.

Let me know what Dave and I can bring. I have a quart of Bookbinders cocktail sauce for the house so far.

Are any of these fine gents that will be there a BARBER ???  ::)

I hope the trip stays a go.

Rob

alantani

room #1 - a pair of twin beds

room #2 - a king

room #3 - a twin

room #4 - twin bunk beds, one on top of the other

room #5 - the living room and dining area, with a couch, two recliners and floor space. 

no sleeping in the backyard.  it's all hard dirt and weeds.  i may bring my excursion and sleep in the back.  i know that some guys are getting hotel rooms.  there should be enough room for all of us.  my big request is to be mindful of the neighbors.  one in particular is an old lady across the street.  i have yet to meet her but i will make sure i do so this weekend.  i would rather have her call me than the cops!!!!

pjstevko

Quote from: alantani on July 06, 2020, 04:38:01 AM
i'll get them done as soon as possible.  

No worries Alan, take your time! I'm coming to Morro Bay as long as the boat is a go!

foakes

I just cancelled -- so there is a spot open as of 12:44 PM, today!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

pjstevko

Quote from: foakes on July 06, 2020, 07:56:33 PM
I just cancelled -- so there is a spot open as of 12:44 PM, today!

Best, Fred

Sorry to hear you won't be joining us but I understand everyone needs to manage their own risk. I hope we'll get to fish together one day Fred so I can thank you properly for all the work you've done on my reels!

Pj