MIND YOUR BEESWAX

Started by Dominick, June 10, 2020, 01:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

I came across this video and it is news to me.  The older you get the more you learn.  Check out dry aging fish in beeswax.  Eugene is it safe?  Lee chase the bees out and steal their wax.  Dominick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=535&v=jRhr44Yoanc&feature=emb_logo
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

CapeFish

wow, very interesting, getting it wrong can surely lead to some health issues though.

Keta

Bees use 10# of honey to produce 1# of wax.   When harvesting honey the cell caps are cut off and the frames spun in a extractor to remove the honey.  The capings are my main source of wax.  I have about 20# now.  Mary and my youngest daughter make things out of it like hand and lip balm and organic cosmetics. 
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

jigmaster501

Encapsulating the fish would require it to be stored below 38f to prevent clostridium botulinum toxin formation during the aging. Wax coating drastically reduces air to the surface creating an anaerobic environment. Would be nice they didn't touch the ready to eat fish with bare hands. also never discussed surface pathogens with the cook on one side only...