New Project

Started by Keta, June 16, 2020, 01:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

Got me thinkin bout it, so I looked it up. Ting ting is a Chinese name for girls which means; "slim and graceful".
Ah, yeah...That's exactly how she is and how I see her! Perfect name, right dear?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Keta

The motor is sick from e-10 setting in the carborators for years, rebuild kits are around $60.00. I need to get a 3rd job to buy a new Honda 40hp ($7000) as I feel it is not cost effective to dump too much into a 32 year old 2 stroke.  I might convert my Honda 9.9 from extra long shaft to long shaft and use it until I have the funds.

Today I installed the Lorance DHS7 Gen3 chart plotter and mounted 2 of the transducers and started on the Garmin.  The onboard battery charger is hung and needs to be wired.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Gobi King

Lee,
I have been eyeing a 15 hp efi for flatbottom river boat,

Tohatsu/Suzuki will run ya 4k ish, still a lot of coin but I hondas are just overpriced.

https://onlineoutboards.com/collections/suzuki-30-hp-outboards

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Keta

The lowrance is wired and ready, I need to pull the transducer out of the other boat and finish the Garmin.

More wires to do.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Keta

Old motor is gone.

New motor hung.  I am running controls now.

Mark Twain

Keta

Finished the motor install and l am 7 hours into the 8 hour break in.  On Friday I scored a little used pair of Scotty Strongarm downriggers with swivel bases and 3 balls for less than the price of the bases and 3 jars of honey.  I could have got it for the honey but the new price for what I got would have been over $600 so I made him take some $.  Today I will be mounting them aft of the Scotty electric downriggers I had.... no more PIA stacking when kokanee fishing.

Mark Twain

Rancanfish

She's looking good Lee.  That lake sure looks pretty, too.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Alto Mare

Looks like you're doing a great job Lee!
Boat looks good!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ron Jones

Looks like a winner! Crazy thing, there's a yellow one around here with that same motor. They pulled in two kings the other day.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Keta

They are a fishy boat.

Mark Twain

Gobi King

Lee, how fast did you go during break in?

Good snag on the scotty!
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Keta

Troll speed for 15 minutes, 900-3000 Tom for 2 hours changing RPM often and no more than 1/2 of the time at 3000 RPM.  Then 900-4000 with short bursts up to 5000 RPM, again changing RPM often.  I am now running full throttle for shore periods of time.  One more hour and it is done.

Mark Twain

steelfish

wow , exited just to see how you are getting everything coming along, salmons beware
The Baja Guy

redsetta

Great work Lee.
QuoteThey are a fishy boat.
They're the best kind! :D ;D
Congrats mate
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Marcq

My dream boat when I lived in Canada

Nice!!

Marc..