ISO Shimano Sahara 3000FD Parts

Started by redfish12, June 18, 2020, 01:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redfish12

I have attempted to source through Shimano and several of the reel part shops I frequent but thus far I have been unable to find this part. I recently had the bail wire come out of the roller side of the assembly and I am in need of a replacement. It is epoxied for now, but I don't think there is much to grip.

The part is - RD 10885 BAIL ASSMBLY. Any chance someone has Shimano parts stockpiled from the mid to late 2000's?

alantani

I have some, but the numbers do no go that high. :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

foakes

Hi Redfish!

I likely have the part -- but the parts on hand are not numbered -- so it would need to be a bench match.

Also have 600+ pounds of NOS Shimano parts from the 80's & 90's -- but they are boxed and slated to be sold.

A good friend of mine, Mat Hegy from back in Wisconsin -- shows in stock for that part.

Here is the information.

Mat is first class all the way.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

philaroman

funny, I just happen to have a StradiSymeHara I clobbered together, LOL

sorry, only 2 bails for 3 rotors  :(

all 3000 AND 2500 Sahara FD, Symetre FJ, Stradic FH, Stradic FI (prob. more later cheaper models)

use IDENTICAL rotors (aside from cosmetics)...  bail-heads & colors are different -- hence, different part #'s

if the individual bail doesn't quite fit, you move bail+arm...  or, entire rotor

for-parts reels w/ gear issues, should be cheaper than new bail

go for the 2500-size for spool variety

same as 3000, but bigger arbor / bigger drag / smaller line capacity

philaroman

P.S.,

your main gear has a bearing on one side & same-size plastic bushing on the other

a donor reel will allow you to swap in another bearing -- smoother, stronger, more stable

(that's the only significant difference, between Sahara FD & Symetre FJ)

if someone has a bail for you, they probably have that bearing as well

it's the most common size: RD8553, RD0930, RD13241, RD10320, BR0047

redfish12

Thank you all! I forgot to check back here after Alan's post. I'm still on the hunt!

redfish12

Mat's reel repair does not have in stock.  >:(