Questions on removing shift parts 16vsx

Started by gstours, June 07, 2020, 04:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Hello all.  ive got a question on working on a somewhat corroded vsx16 and know that someone knows the answers.
       Thanks for some advise.    Firstly after reviewing the 27 pages of questions here i could not find the answer so here goes.
I,m trying to replace the crank arm on a vsx16 presently and cant seem to remove parts under the shift ring and plunger.
  parts 133 and 170 seem to be next to remmove to get at #195a circlip?  Right?  they may be corroded as there is vry grease evident.
Does the parts lift out?  Threaded?  I dont want to break anything.   Is there a tutorial on this assembly somewhere I missed.
  Thanks for any help.   I have a schematic butt not a parts description .   Thanks.   gst.

Navidad Nutcase

good day, GST,
I know nothing about this reel. maybe you found this tutorial, maybe not. It's photobucket, so it isn't the best.

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1172.15

Good luck, I'm confident someone will help you out soon.
Greg
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.

gstours

Thanks Greg,  exactly what I was looking for ..got it..  thanks also to everyone who has posted solutions and pictures, links here.   This place is great 👍.

gstours

I, and others may have not thought that the thin round disk was a keeper/ circlip.  It sits on top of the shift round part with the springs.   Simply pry it around the studs that stick up that are apposed as this is keeper.  After lifting it up, the black plastic ring w the springs can be pried up.
   I thankful for this site and the information that is available. 
If I was helping anyone in the future,  it was great.  Hats off to Alan.

josa1

Hi gstours,,,,,

Look at this if you have a question...

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=7972.0

This is a tutorial that I did for the 50, but the 16 is the same as I recall.

josa1

gstours

If this helps anyone the super thin keeper is spring steel and is easily damaged so go slow, maybe a knife blade under it after soaking w some thin solvent/lube.  It might be stuck on to the part below?

gstours