Fishing Machine

Started by oc1, June 21, 2020, 07:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oc1

Here's another in the same vein.  The Pocket Fisherman from the early 1970's.
-s

philaroman

hey, I actually still remember "inventor" Ron on TV
didn't he invent the infomercial?

Just Set It
in the deepest darkest corner of your garage/basement

And Forget It
until you can strategically re-gift,
or some eBay optimist wants to pay $200 for it

handi2

Cool..!

I have one, maybe two, of the Fishing Machines. One of them the rod is stuck from flipping it out to hard.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Benni3

Quote from: Gfish on June 23, 2020, 08:05:52 AM
Quote from: Benni3 on June 22, 2020, 06:58:53 AM
That's cool,,,, 8) James bond fishing reel and they do have a use,,, :D I had something like that on a field trip and the teacher got so mad at me for fishing James Madison's ponds,,,,,, ;) it just doesn't get any better than that,,,,,,, ;D

James Madison's ponds, ha! i love it!

Yes,,,,but Monticello's fish ponds where alot better on another field trip,,,,, ;) and if you Google,,,,Thomas Jefferson Monticello "the fish ponds" you can see why and "natural bridge" wasn't bad either,,,,, :D so yes there's a very good place for this rod and reel and as a kid on a field trip best time ever,,,,,,,,,, ;D

xjchad

Quote from: Benni3 on June 24, 2020, 02:55:36 AM
Quote from: Gfish on June 23, 2020, 08:05:52 AM
Quote from: Benni3 on June 22, 2020, 06:58:53 AM
That's cool,,,, 8) James bond fishing reel and they do have a use,,, :D I had something like that on a field trip and the teacher got so mad at me for fishing James Madison's ponds,,,,,, ;) it just doesn't get any better than that,,,,,,, ;D

James Madison's ponds, ha! i love it!

Yes,,,,but Monticello's fish ponds where alot better on another field trip,,,,, ;) and if you Google,,,,Thomas Jefferson Monticello "the fish ponds" you can see why and "natural bridge" wasn't bad either,,,,, :D so yes there's a very good place for this rod and reel and as a kid on a field trip best time ever,,,,,,,,,, ;D

You're my hero Benni!  8)
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Cuttyhunker

The Pocket Fisherman was in a display case at the IGFA museum in Fort Lauderdale when I visited years ago with a description that it wasn't "legal" to land an IGFA world record with, as the "rod" was too short. I remember Ron pitching it on the tube, slipping it out of the glove compartment to sneak down to a stream at an overpass, apparently he was an avid angler. 
Doomed from childhood

RC4600

Just in case you fell in love with this, you can go to ebay and look up item# 324196507567 and own one today. RC

philaroman

is that the dreamer that wants like $450?

wfjord

Quote from: oc1 on June 21, 2020, 07:49:10 AM
Made by St. Croix in the late 1970's.  Spincast on 4'10" telescoping rod.  Honestly, St. Croix should be ashamed.  

The weird frame is mostly plastic.  

-steve

I'd have to move to another state if anyone I knew saw me using one of those.  Even worse if they posted a video of it.