Another test of Daves Octi Jig.

Started by gstours, June 23, 2020, 02:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

I got another invite to go hali fishing with a friend,  I did,nt expect to fish deep or fast water where we went so after repainting the purple jig that came from Daves super silicone mold it was easy to think of getting it down.  After a while I got my answer,  it was worth repainting and playing with jigs.   

The paint is rattle can cheap.  butt its seeming like purple/plum is a good color.   

we were fishing about 130 feet deep using half a herring .   The jig is 12 oz.  Below is the results of the jig on a fun day.
     Now the work starts.  Wish you could help?   Thanks again Dave for the mold.   And Wayne for taking me to visit another Tani member.

It aways makes a better boat ride home when your already thinking of returning sometime soon.   

Gobi King

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Dominick

Hey Gary, when you are invited to fish on another's boat, do they depend on you to take them to your butt spots?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Dom, not necessarily,  I,m quite and ☺️ shy,  and am there to learn,  🤦‍♀️ and help occasionally. 
    Up here we have "experts" they sometimes share good information butt sometimes it's a hit or. Miss situation.   Weather, wind, tides bottom structure and blind luck all play into this 🎣.  As you already know.🐙

droppedit

Must be strange on another boat when you have the system down so well . I can only wonder how many times you went to reach for something that wasn't there. I'm still waiting to jig up my 1st!

Dave
Some days the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.

http://www.turnerscustomrods.com

El Pescador

Quote from: gstours on June 23, 2020, 02:51:51 PM
  ....   Thanks again Dave for the mold.         And Wayne for taking me to visit another Tani member.....

Gary,
ANYTIME, and I do mean ANYTIME, you and your white head of hair arrive here in San Mateo, CA, you have your own private guestroom with separate in-home bathroom - ZERO chance of being trampled by a wayward Moose!!!!....   Anytime, buddy boy, gas is cheap and we have lots to show you here in our neck of the woods. 
Another trip to Dave's Jig-making garage, or  to see Bryan and buy frozen yogurt for his son and daughter,

how about spend a half an afternoon at Alan's garage, and TRY to bring it up to a sense of organization as you have in your shed/pole barn that is the winter home of the USS Maiko.

Plenty to do here.   

Jennifer is always wanting to hostess a party for His BUTTNESS, and all will show up.

We'ze ready for you.

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

jurelometer

Working on a larger sized mold.   Just waiting for the 3D printer to get in a good mood.  >:(  It has been spewing out strange molten shapes instead of parts again. 

Love to see those photos!!!

-J

gstours

Thanks for the invitation and kindness shown here.  You should be proud to know you give California a better reputation! :o
    I,d love to come down this winter butt the virus and stuff takes the wind out of my sail.   We can hope and pray this will change for the better soon.  Butt NO politics spoken so i,m off to fishing stuff and that stuff.
  Another fun pik is shown below and tells some of the above story.  This jig has put the worry back in using light gear and I havent lost the purple jig yet.  Ive made some other colors butt this seems to tickle their fancy.   I,m not sure why yet?  Butt thanks again everyone for your help and advice.