alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial water in fuel
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
July 07, 2020, 02:49:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: water in fuel  (Read 414 times)
thorhammer
Firearms Group

"You can't drank all day if you don't start..."

« on: June 25, 2020, 05:10:10 PM »

was just watching a yootube about rough idling. The mechanic demonstrates how they are checking the fuel because the boat sat. He wanted to mimic how fuel sloshes in a tank and evaporates, leaving water (visible in glass jar sample). He has a shop fan on and tells his guy, "take that lid off, and set it on that boat battery on the bench right there where the fan will blow across it...."

This proves out Darwin.
Benni3

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 07:43:17 PM »

was just watching a yootube about rough idling. The mechanic demonstrates how they are checking the fuel because the boat sat. He wanted to mimic how fuel sloshes in a tank and evaporates, leaving water (visible in glass jar sample). He has a shop fan on and tells his guy, "take that lid off, and set it on that boat battery on the bench right there where the fan will blow across it...."

This proves out Darwin.
I'm not sure,,,, Wink but a gallon of cam 2 racing fuel to a full tank and you don't have to worry about water in the gas,,,,,,,,,, Grin
Maxed Out
Keep Clam !!
Sensei

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 09:14:58 PM »

I only use Seafoam. It stops condensation in fuel, especially if it's gonna sit unused for any length of time. Buy it by the gallon for best price
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 09:16:05 PM by Maxed Out » Logged

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!
foakes

Sierra National Forest

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 09:49:02 PM »

Like Ted, I use Seafoam also for the little 6 gallon tank in the 15' Gregor with the 25 Johnson.

Good stuff -- just works.

Best,

Fred

Self-worth is how you value yourself. It’s not based on what others think of you or the things you have (or haven’t) accomplished—it comes from within. But it’s easy to forget that our worth isn’t determined by outside forces -- each of us sets our own price.

In life, be flexible, willing to listen to others, willing to change your mind based on your good judgement -- that is how progress is made, and new horizons are discovered.  When the winds of change blow -- A flexible limb moves and thrives -- a stiff and stubborn limb just snaps.
oc1
Sensei

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 11:07:14 PM »

Is Seafoam better than Stabil?
-s
Maxed Out
Keep Clam !!
Sensei

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 11:28:27 PM »

Is Seafoam better than Stabil?
-s

Yes, by a country mile

Donnyboat
donnyboat
Photo Group

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2020, 11:42:38 PM »

Ay Ted, are you getting confused, nautical mile young man, cheers Don.

Don, or donnyboat
Benni3

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2020, 01:37:05 AM »

I like seafoam,,, Wink and sunoco supreme racing fuel it's overkill Cry,,,,, Grin

* 20200626_051531.jpg (4582.76 KB, 3095x2268 - viewed 10 times.)
Cuttyhunker
Firearms Group

Cuttyhunk mid 50's

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2020, 04:30:22 AM »

I alway do winter storage with full tanks, if there's no room for air in the tank, the water can't condense out of it, and a double shot of Startron for the crappy ethanol.

Doomed from childhood
Wolli
Firearms Group

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2020, 04:34:00 PM »

install a marine water-fuel filter and you have never any troubles

www.fisheriessupply.com/engine-parts/fuel-system

love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)
Maxed Out
Keep Clam !!
Sensei

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2020, 05:13:35 PM »

Never say never

I got some contaminated marina fuel one time and have 2 fuel/water separators, but still wasn't enough to keep my motors from it. When I got home I still had half tank of crap fuel. I topped off tank with fresh fuel, and added half gallon of SeaFoam and one bottle of ring free to my 120 gallon tank. I ran the motors out around the bay about 30 minutes and still noticed lag in power. Let sit overnight and ran perfect, but I still wanted to run that fuel outta the tank, so I ran about 50 miles each way to do some butt fishing. My first mate ended up with a 228# butt on that trip. Never would gone that far if I had not needed to run out the bad fuel. The alternative would be been to pay a shop to pump out the bad fuel and also pay a per gallon disposal fee.

thorhammer
Firearms Group

"You can't drank all day if you don't start..."

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2020, 05:32:35 PM »

whatever your preferred treatment just don't set open fuel on batteries...
David Hall
Firearms Group

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2020, 08:25:16 PM »

Give Darwin a chance. 
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2020, 10:17:34 AM »

Never say never

I got some contaminated marina fuel one time and have 2 fuel/water separators, but still wasn't enough to keep my motors from it. When I got home I still had half tank of crap fuel. I topped off tank with fresh fuel, and added half gallon of SeaFoam and one bottle of ring free to my 120 gallon tank. I ran the motors out around the bay about 30 minutes and still noticed lag in power. Let sit overnight and ran perfect, but I still wanted to run that fuel outta the tank, so I ran about 50 miles each way to do some butt fishing. My first mate ended up with a 228# butt on that trip. Never would gone that far if I had not needed to run out the bad fuel. The alternative would be been to pay a shop to pump out the bad fuel and also pay a per gallon disposal fee.

Ted, if you ever run into a bad load of fuel in the boat tank, siphon it to a motor vehicle and burn it up on the road.  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: