Looking for a Perfection tip

Started by conchydong, June 27, 2020, 12:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

conchydong

Hi, If anyone knows a source for a Perfection tip that were commonly used on the older Seeker Black Steel series it would be appreciated. I tried Johnny's Pond and they were out. Specifically, I am looking for a number 12 WTR (titanium) or even a WBR (black). I know there are "better" replacement guides out there but I wanted to keep the rod guides consistent.

Thanks,
Scott

Swami805

Hard Chrome or black with the carbide  ring is the ones I've seen on the old black steel. Try anglers workshop item R2397. It's not perfection , I think they bit the dust awhile ago but it looks just like them. The carbide ring is pretty much indestructible, the chrome ring is junk.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

conchydong

Thanks Swami. I checked the Anglers Workshop website and it seem they only have the chrome in stock. Here is a picture of the actual damaged tip top. It is not really black black more like a very dark gray so I assumed it was what Perfection called Titanium. Fuji would call it Gunsmoke? It does look black in the picture though.

RC4600

philaroman

I have some NOS gold Perfection tips & a black marker
(if POTUS can...) ;)

Swami805

I think it tarnishes a little with age, mine start shiney and end up that dull grey. You could call Seeker on Monday and ask them, they might even send you one, pretty nice people.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

conchydong

Quote from: Swami805 on June 27, 2020, 06:25:48 PM
I think it tarnishes a little with age, mine start shiney and end up that dull grey. You could call Seeker on Monday and ask them, they might even send you one, pretty nice people.

Great idea. I think I will call them on Monday. Thanks.