Some of You Will Understand This -- Quality Screwdrivers

Started by foakes, April 03, 2020, 12:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

I heard from UPS.  They will be delivered today.  I won't see them until I get back to San Mateo probably at the end of the month.  Nice pictures, was it on your iphone?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

El Pescador

Quote from: Dominick on June 22, 2020, 05:23:39 PM
I heard from UPS.  They will be delivered today.  I won't see them until I get back to San Mateo probably at the end of the month.  Nice pictures, was it on your iPhone?  Dominick

Dominick,

YES, I used my iPhone for the quick pics.

Since you won't be down in San Mateo for a month, how bout I'll stop by your home, pick up YOUR ::) set of screwdrivers and send it to MO65!!!!

He was hopefully expecting a gift set in the mail!!!!!!! ;D

Let's do a Dominick-handcrafted & homemade Cappicuno and raisin danish when you return.  For sure.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Dominick

You got it.  A handmade Capistrano or whatever you mean.  :D Mo is such a good contributor to the site I was tempted to send them to him, but I resisted the temptation.  Sorry Mo. :'(   Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

foakes

If Mo (Mike) doesn't have a set of these coming -- I would send him one of mine.

Let me know guys -- as soon as you figure it out.  😂😂😂

Sort of like watching a high pop ball fall to the ground -- while the left, center, and second baseman all watch it -- expecting the other guy to snag it -- we don't want to be those guys.

Maybe Mike already has a set on the way?  Mo??.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

jkel

I would really want to pick up a set of those screwdrivers. But unfortunately they charge $27.09 for shipping (UPSPs Priority Mail) to Hawaii.  :o

foakes

Quote from: jkel on June 23, 2020, 05:32:35 AM
I would really want to pick up a set of those screwdrivers. But unfortunately they charge $27.09 for shipping (UPSPs Priority Mail) to Hawaii.  :o

That is still only around $6.50 for each driver.  And a comparable set from Brownells is considerably more -- by perhaps nearly 2.5 times...

It is good to look at the whole picture.

IMO.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Gobi King

The packing makes the item bit big for the one rate boxes,
As Fred said it is still a good deal,

I will check if I can fit the drivers in the smallest one rate box.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

jkel

Quote from: foakes on June 23, 2020, 06:12:04 AM

That is still only around $6.50 for each driver.  And a comparable set from Brownells is considerably more -- by perhaps nearly 2.5 times...

It is good to look at the whole picture.

IMO.

Best,

Fred

Quote from: Gobi King on June 23, 2020, 02:05:52 PM

The packing makes the item bit big for the one rate boxes,
As Fred said it is still a good deal,

I will check if I can fit the drivers in the smallest one rate box.

Haven't thought about it that way and most of my screwdrivers are all Craftsman. Time for a couple of new screwdriver sets!  ;D

mo65

The strangest thing happened today. In the mail I received a package containing the fantastic Bald Eagle screwdrivers. The odd part...was that Dominick's address was scratched out and mine written over it! Thanks Wayne! Sorry counselor! ;D 
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

day0ne

David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

MarkT

I just ordered since the shipping is now reasonable.  The CA surcharge is BS but oh well...

Order Summary
Order Total   $19.35
Merchandise   $10.97
Shipping   $4.99
CA State Surcharge   $2.00
Estimated Tax   $1.39
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Dominick

Quote from: mo65 on June 26, 2020, 06:22:24 PM
   The strangest thing happened today. In the mail I received a package containing the fantastic Bald Eagle screwdrivers. The odd part...was that Dominick's address was scratched out and mine written over it! Thanks Wayne! Sorry counselor! ;D 

Rats...wait til I see that guy... Dominick

foakes

Quote from: Dominick on June 26, 2020, 11:22:00 PM
Quote from: mo65 on June 26, 2020, 06:22:24 PM

Rats...wait til I see that guy... Dominick

Sounds like the Porch Pirates have struck your City place, Dominick --

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

mo65

Hey fellas...all kiddin' aside...these are fantastic screwdrivers. Used one this morning on a tough screw where I needed a perfect fit. No slipping or scratching, came right out. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~