Bits & Pieces

Started by foakes, June 29, 2020, 04:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Admit it or not --

We all have them.  Drill bits scattered in the bottoms of toolboxes, drawers, mis-matched as to purpose, dull, or meaning to get sharpened someday (if we can find them), wrong sizes for a job, common ones broken, Indexer cases with 2/3rd's of the bits missing, etc, etc...

I know that there are drill bits used by folks who make their living with them -- that are excellent.  But do I need a set of those?  

No, I do not.

What I do need, is a set that is organized, ready to drill steel or wood, accessible and with backups when one breaks or gets lost (and they will).

HSS TiN are excellent bits for our reel, mechanical, and fabrication work --  metals, wood, etc..

Here is a great value  --

I just ordered a set that was on sale.

Will throw out the old ones.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Gfish

Nice! I bought onea those fold down metal boxes that can screw into the wall like Dad had. Dull bits I seperate out for wood, or force 'em into metal till they break(not recomended).
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

gstours

Hey Fred,  then don't make stickers any more like that Delta one,  I've got that saw and after 25 years the stickers still not worn off?🗽.  Thanks for reminding us to get organized.🛠