Massive fish pulls 2 Florida anglers off boat and into the water during struggle

Started by alantani, July 06, 2020, 11:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

i guess things are done a little differently on the east coast.....   ;D

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

oc1

That's wild.  I was thinking the rod could not possibly still be lying under the boat until seeing it was a jewfish.  They shelter in place and don't get out much.
-steve

oldmanjoe

???  That is just two fools .  second one is the bigger fool    Would have been a different out come if A J was on the other end .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Donnyboat

Don, or donnyboat

philaroman

stupid is, as stupid does
what's their next trick -- getting impaled by anchor?

Gfish

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Rocket Dog

I am positive that's what my wife thinks happens when I get on a sport boat :D. Must of not been very deep to hook it with the anchor.

Rivverrat

Obviously not experienced.  What matters most to my way of thinking is it looks like every one present will have had a very memorable time. Dont know about others but this is foundation of why I fish. What I strive for when rod is in my hand.  I have come to accept my best memories do not always come about way I see them prior in my minds eye.

A young boy kneels along side his grandpa on the bank watching him as he sets a limb line. I was maybe 5 years old. I remember the sensory overload of being that close to the river... It was at this time all new to me.

I've been stranded in my boat on the river, fell through the ice twice, been approached by an unsavory character who wanted my bike, lost rods & reels in the river..... All of this makes for the memories I have of the place I so love to fish..... Regardless of what ever my skill level was at any given time... Jeff

Midway Tommy

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

oc1

Quote from: Rivverrat on August 09, 2020, 04:13:30 PM
 What matters most to my way of thinking is it looks like every one present will have had a very memorable time. ... Jeff
Agreed.  A nice size catch will become a vague memory.  But, you won't forget the time the reel blew up and you had to pull the fish in by hand.
-steve