Family Beach Day 20200708

Started by xjchad, July 09, 2020, 04:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xjchad

I know I've been quiet lately.  Lots of things going on that put fishing much lower on the radar lately.
I took yesterday off work so I could spend the day at the beach with my wife, kids, and other family.
It was a great day!  My nephews have been wanting to see a shark for a long time, so I brought my long rod, but the market only had one lone mackerel left.  Made the most of it and an hour into the second soak, line starts ripping off my reel.
We were on a pretty crowded beach, so I played it most of the way in to steer it away from the swimmer.  Let my nephew take control when it got in the waves so I could grab it. 
Big, beautiful Leopard shark!  Pretty sure it would be my new PB, but I didn't measure it since I was doing so much show and tell haha!
Everyone got a kick out of seeing it, and my nephews were thrilled!
Good to feel the tug again!
Hope y'all are doing great!

Husband, Father, Fisherman

Brewcrafter

Donnyboat

Thanks Chad, nice pics, good day for the children, keep well stay safe, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Swami805

Fun day for sure!   Nice shark
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Alto Mare

Very nice Chad, I'm glad you had a great day with family.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Darin Crofton

Awesome day buddy and cool looking shark!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

foakes

Perfect Day, Chad!

Thanks for sharing and showing your family how it is done!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Rocket Dog

Way to make it a fun trip for everyone... 

Gfish

Cool, Chad! With the odds prolly against you, you succeeded.
That's a big'un. Got a similar size one up on the surface next to 20ft. high train bridge once, no way was I gettin my hands on that bad boy.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Gobi King

Nice, great memories for the fam!
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Sharkb8

Looks like you had fun and a cool looking shark

Kim

Dominick

That's how you measure success.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Benni3

That's a cool looking shark,,,, 8) just get getting them,,,,,,,, ;D