A Restored DAM Quick 331N

Started by mo65, July 11, 2020, 03:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

I can't believe this is the first N series Quick I've acquired...I really like this design. I like the anti-reverse set up much better than the previous series. I left this reel completely stock, maybe a sign that Quick got everything right? It would be a great candidate to customize though...who knows...maybe later. Here are some "before and after" shots.8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

wfjord

Sharkb8

Good job Mike came out looking like new

Kim

El Pescador

Quote from: mo65 on July 11, 2020, 03:49:39 AM
  ...It would be a great candidate to customize though...who knows...maybe later. ...

MOmeister!!!

Exactly what are you thinking regarding your quote, "a great candidate to customize...???"

What'a thinking about??

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

mo65

Quote from: El Pescador on July 11, 2020, 01:38:40 PM
MOmeister!!!
Exactly what are you thinking regarding your quote, "a great candidate to customize...???"

What'a thinking about??

Wayne

Well...considering that AR design...this model would be an excellent candidate for a hopped up drag. The additional power would be handled easily by the AR design. The first pic has the AR dog circled...and the arrows point to the notches the dog locks into on the rotor. This isn't going to stress the gears when a big fish runs, or when lifting a lunker off the bottom.
   The drag system lends itself to easy upgrades. There is room to add an additional friction disc by using thin carbon  fiber washers. I wonder if Fred has the metal washers? You'd need one more of each...the hexagon and the keyed.
   Last but not least, a bitchin' handle knob would be nice. Large round knobs like the one in the third photo are becoming a favorite of mine. They don't cost a lot...and they offer a big bang for the buck. 8)

El Pescador

MO  I AM WITH YOU!!!

It just might be Christmas in July here ;D

WHERE??????    DID you find the red knob handle?????

LUV to get one for me.

Please advise,

TANKS ::)

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Donnyboat

Great job on that reel Mike, ha haa, I think you have converted wayne, he`s got the bug now ay, I`ll have to talk to Jennifer, Wayne, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

basto

Very interesting Mike. I can't wait to see the drag you come up with. I don't have an N, but I would like to get one.
Greg
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

festus

Great restoration, Mo.  The 441N weighs a tad more than the 331N but holds quite a bit more line. My favorite of the group is the 110N, it feels better than the 110 and 265, at least to me.

happyhooker

Gfish

Upgrading a DAM Quick, cool! Time for some "reel Mojo"!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

mo65

Thanks for the compliments folks! Thought I'd add the schematic...as this one is hard to find online. Everyone seems to have Finessa schematics...but no N model schematics. 8)

BocaSnook1

Mike,

Really nice restore!

Also, Thanks for the N Schematics - something that I REALLY needed!

Tad

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !