COVID 19 and Loreto

Started by SoCalAngler, July 12, 2020, 01:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

I just got off the phone with the couple that take of my house in Loreto, it may not seen like much but when I got a email from them that stated in part "aqui mucho COVID19", I got worried. Their families are fine but as I was told of 100's of cases in Loreto alone.

I'm sure we all understand medical situations in Mexico are not always up to par with US standards. So, if you plan to head to Mexico please check with more than the boarder crossing issues and get a real report with whats going on where you plan to go.

Many families in this part of Mexico will not seek medical attention unless it is dire, so the reporting may be way understated.

SoCalAngler

Update,

Just got word from my US ex pat friend that lives in Loreto and in his words "there has been some cases but not many and their back to their normal fishing schedule". So just take my warning for what it was.

Swami805

I've been to Loreto several times, great place with lots to do, Very nice people in that town, hope they're ok.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

SoCalAngler

I just got word today the couple that take care of my place and several other homes in Puerto Escondido A.K.A Tripui that one has come down with the 19. Honoria has tested positive and Julio her husband's test has not come back yet.

When Honoria was at a friends house cleaning and taking care what they wanted her to do she was asked to go seek medical attention due to her condition. I don't have the full info yet, but if your thinking to go to a place like Baja just beware.

alantani

i was supposed to go to puerto vallarta tomorrow to fish on the osuna's new boat.  two days ago, my wife and i had a "discussion" and it was "decided" that i would not be going.  not at all happy.  this evening, i had to install a new kitchen faucet.  half way through the installation she told me that she didn't like it and that she wanted me to get a different type.  i sort of unloaded on her a little.  looks like i'm going to be on quarantine anyway.  i should have gone fishing!!!!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

SteveL

Quotethis evening, i had to install a new kitchen faucet.  half way through the installation she told me that she didn't like it and that she wanted me to get a different type.  i sort of unloaded on her a little.  looks like i'm going to be on quarantine anyway.  i should have gone fishing!!!!

Always do a bad job on those things.   She'll want to hire a plumber instead.  :D

I used to have a girlfriend who couldn't boil water without burning it, so preferring to eat decent food I did all the cooking.  Years later, I wonder about that.   (She didn't actually burn the water, it just always turned out tough and dry.)

David Hall

Quote from: alantani on December 10, 2020, 05:43:52 AM
i was supposed to go to puerto vallarta tomorrow to fish on the osuna's new boat.  two days ago, my wife and i had a "discussion" and it was "decided" that i would not be going.  not at all happy.  this evening, i had to install a new kitchen faucet.  half way through the installation she told me that she didn't like it and that she wanted me to get a different type.  i sort of unloaded on her a little.  looks like i'm going to be on quarantine anyway.  i should have gone fishing!!!!   ;D

Dont look at me! I'm still in the dog house for my last trip to PV.  Something about fishing on her Birthday?

Maxed Out

Quote from: alantani on December 10, 2020, 05:43:52 AM

I took the easy route and installed new kitchen faucet while wife was at work. She had no choice but to like it, and besides that I'm the dishwasher in my house
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

foakes

Most times, and particularly during these times —

The women in our lives need more reassurance, a sense of protection, safety, home, and someone to unload on from time to time — that could be good or bad venting.

As men, we don't always see what they need.  But it is important to try our best — plus be patient (lots of this), understanding, and always trying to listen to what they are really saying or feeling.  It is a life-long quest.  And, reacting badly, being bull-headed, or just spouting off what we really are thinking — will do a lot of harm to our relationships.

Alan knows this already — and is a wise man.

Our anniversary is this Saturday.  Plan A was to do our normal — and go to Pacific Grove/Carmel, for a few days.

That did not work out due to not being comfortable in restaurants, stores, hotels — even if they were available.

Plan B was to take the trailer over to Death Valley for a week.  

That did not work out due to the Governor's mandatory "Stay-at-Home" 21 day order that started a couple of days ago.

Plan C is what we are doing — staying home and enjoying each other and our separate interests.

We hope there is no need of a plan D —

We are just grateful to have a nice warm home to be in this year for the holidays.  Many of our neighbors are not as fortunate.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Gobi King

Few months more, just a few, that is what I tell myself and my family.

Made my omelet and thanked the Lord for waking up today and the meal with a smile.

I am going to light a fire in the pit tonight before the snow storm and chill with the girls.

Plumbing, lol, buy a few and stage it and procrastinate for a few weeks for the decision to be final :-)

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Brewcrafter

After Alan's message I had no idea that my wife (SWMBO) had a sister that I didn't know about  :D
When all of this hit, our Dining Room became her "office" and it pretty much looks like a low tech movie studio - but everyday I see her educating and helping 24 kids navigate these unusual times - no way I could do what she is doing, let alone do it as well.  - john

alantani

Quote from: SoCalAngler on December 10, 2020, 04:00:54 AM
I just got word today the couple that take care of my place and several other homes in Puerto Escondido A.K.A Tripui that one has come down with the 19. Honoria has tested positive and Julio her husband's test has not come back yet.

let's hope they all pull through ok. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

oc1

Quote from: Gobi King on December 10, 2020, 05:24:35 PM
Few months more, just a few, that is what I tell myself and my family.

Shibley, my theory is that it's impossible to wait this thing out.  By the time we return to something that is "normal" we will have forgotten what "normal" is and will have a new perspective of what "normal" should be.  It's sort of like loosing a loved one.  We are grieving the loss but inch-by-inch we'll adjust.  It may be best to accept it as a part of life and just get on with it all.

Maybe that's too abstruse, but it helps my mental state.
-steve

Dominick

The world is overcrowded.  Covid-19 is nature's way of thinning the population.  Think about it.  What happens when a herd of deer (or any other group of animals) outgrows its habitat?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Rocket Dog

I had wanted to get in a few more trips before the end of the year, but a few reports from family in the TJ area that didn't make it passed Thanksgiving made me stop. I know things are much different there in many ways but I have been on the bad end of things before. So my honey-do list helped me during these times. I know tough to hear, but the more money I save fixing stuff just means more $$$ for fishing ;D.

On the upside. I was at Longfin in SoCal talking to Tom there about the Tony Reyes trips which just announced starting back up. So, given the vaccine coming, I'm looking forward to booking a trip on the boat ;D.