Fishing Over 1000 Feet

Started by Hardy Boy, July 16, 2020, 05:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brewcrafter

That is making me hungry looking at it!!!!!  So help me with my metric system conversion.  350 meters = 4 minute drop.  What does that equate to in Beers? - john

Ron Jones

Yum!
I really need to take a ferry ride some day when everything is open.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Hardy Boy

John that's a 1.5 beer drop ....................... but since it was morning it was a 0.5 cup of coffee.

Shibs: the meat is snow white. Just google sablefish recipes or its also called Black cod or Alaska Black cod.

Used a 10/0 circle hook this time and no drop offs, you just have to let them bite and mess around with it.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Donnyboat

Ay Todd, thanks for your reply about the weights, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Hardy Boy

Well I'm still learning about the local sablefish fishery. Went out yesterday in calm conditions to give it a go. It was good at this spot last year at this time but yesterday not a one to be found gave it a rub for a few hours: tried shallow (800), tried deep (1150) and tried in between. My wife said that black cod are the best to eat but the most boring to fish for. At least a big Red Banded rockfish showed up for a fish and chip dinner. having the other side pan seared tonight. They have a beautiful moist firm meat. Well maybe next time.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Hardy Boy

Money shot.

Todd

steelfish

hey amigo Todd,

its known that we have LinCod on the pacific ocea side of the Baja but not many know that we also have a fish from the Cod family on the Deeps of the sea of cortez, the fish its not targeted for sport fishing because it lives from 600ft and more but from time to time some guys drop line to those deeps on some zones to see what bite (mostly targeting pink grouper/ Baqueta fish) and its when this pacific Hake or pacific whiting can bite

they are a targeted fish for commercial fishing, the meat is snow white once cooked and pretty mild flavor, I normally get some from the commercial fishing boats from deckhands that work there for the season.
The Baja Guy

Ron Jones

Hake is delicious, didn't know they were that fa South.
One of these days we need to do a SOC trip.

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

gstours

Yes, hakes makes baits.🦀.   My bad? >:(

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.