Daves jig head revisited

Started by gstours, July 18, 2020, 03:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

It's a good pattern in a similar color.   Thanks again Dave.

Ron Jones

Clearly it kills fish, although I thing Gary could do that with a plastic bag!
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dominick

Great picture Buttman.  Nice fish also.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Yes, a big one, is always what I've got in mind.🎣
     Much time is wasted on working and wishing.  Go fishing,  life is short.  🌇

jurelometer

Quote from: Ron Jones on July 19, 2020, 03:03:29 AM
Clearly it kills fish, although I thing Gary could do that with a plastic bag!
The Man

What about this one Ron?

I reckon if it doesn't work on the halibut, it should still attract some jumbo squid :)

-J

Dominick

That looks like something that Ron would ride in.   ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Hey Dave,  maybe I could have borrowed it for reconnaissance in the deep to see why I can't lift up my jig.
    Talk about lucky,  the rock broke free.  Thanks again.

Gobi King

those fish like big lures! that is a dark color, those work too :-)
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

gstours

I,m in the experimental part of my jig fishing 🎣 for halibut.   The darker colors seem to outfish the brighter store bought stuff some days.  The purple one is my starter jig.  Some of my friends won't even use them?   Blue and green stuff usually will produce a fish.......butt how long do you wanna wait?

sabaman1

Thats some great field research right there. You live the life we all dream of, Thanks for always sharing!

Jim
JIM

Ron Jones

Using subs for bait is bad. It sucks trying to get a hook out of a hull, especially if it is caught in a torpedo door and your trying to shoot a 12 year old rule torpedo out of THAT tube!

Fisherman don't like to catch us either. Turns out that if your gear is strong enough to pull your boat under water and you catch a big, black, beautiful monster...you better know how to get out of your boat AND know how to swim.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

jurelometer

Quote from: Ron Jones on July 22, 2020, 06:10:29 AM
Using subs for bait is bad. It sucks trying to get a hook out of a hull, especially if it is caught in a torpedo door and your trying to shoot a 12 year old rule torpedo out of THAT tube!

Fisherman don't like to catch us either. Turns out that if your gear is strong enough to pull your boat under water and you catch a big, black, beautiful monster...you better know how to get out of your boat AND know how to swim.
The Man

So who gets the job to go outside and  get the hook out of the torpedo tube?  :)

Although I do enjoy dishing out a bit of ribbing,  I would also like to convey my respect to folks like yourself, who in the name of public service cram themselves into steel tubes at the bottom of the ocean with a bunch of explosives, electrical, and gawd knows what else.

"The Dude"

-J