Gettin outdoors for the Day

Started by gstours, July 20, 2020, 02:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

As we have summer seems like its been cooler and wetter than most people like.  >:( Butt we can still recreate and gather food here.
  Here,s a clip for this weeks viewing.  Its always fun to go out and sit on the boat.  ;) You might get lucky?  Thanks for watching.

MarkT

I've never seen a handle like that on a rod!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Dominick

Gary, I stopped the video at 2.21 to get an idea of how big that butt was.  When it got alongside the boat it looked to be at least 5-6 feet long.  That was a beauty.  I'm glad you released it.  I do like that grip on Ken's rod also.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Hardy Boy

That looks like the Scotty Reel E-Z made here in Canada. Here is the link: https://scotty.com/product-category/fishing-gear-equipment/fishing-supplies/reel-e-z/

You see them here some times and the folks that use them seem to like them.. I have a brand new one if someone is interested. I might put it on the rod I'm using for deep dropping though.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

David Hall

another beautiful day in paradise.

gstours

Thanks for the kind words,  Ken put this Scotty product on one of his rods to experiment with, it's altogether different in lifting as you use different muscles.  His body has some limitations and if he liked it then that's good.  It does keep the wobble out when cranking.   
   Yes it was a fish that we decided to free.  Butt was a fun one maybe worth sharing.🤔

gstours

Another thing you might see in the wild.  The larger mammals.  only in the summer months.
https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/p660/gst6814/.highres/DSC_0791_zpspfdiksvc.jpg

Ron Jones

I have seen similar handles to those Scotty's that bolted into the top of a reel from the harness lugs or where the top bar screwed in. When I was a kid there was an old guy that would use one marlin fishing with a harness. Sort of a dead lift as opposed to a curl.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dominick

I think Sal posted a picture of one or was it onebad350?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Gobi King

the fish looked like it was the length of the open part of the boat, holy mother of butts, 200lb plus?
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

gstours

gstours

Ya these larger fish are certainly fun,  butt most of the fish (average) are the good eating size, and easier to handle.  (boring) :-\

gstours

one time I tried several times to cut one free from the hook and remembered that I made an experimental leader from stranded stainless troll cable!
  I,,m the fool here.  Knife is shown.  Butt was freed.  Yea  :) 

gstours

Here is another doozy that we got a while back and worth showing?   Well over 300 pounds.   Its the kind that great reels were made for.