For Sale: Updated 9/9/20 Pro Gear 251 and 440

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, July 20, 2020, 07:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I am selling a collection of 8 original Made in the USA Pro Gear reels.  If you see anything that you like and are OK with the price, please send me a PM and I will take some good close up photos for your review. We ship worldwide. Venmo, Zelle or checks are preferred, but if none of those work for you, we accept PayPal.

Thank you,

Randy

NOS Gold 251. No clicker. Engraved graphics. Original rod clamp kit and wrench. A few tiny marks but appears to be unused. Mechanically, this is just like an Accurate Squidder 145 Magnum with 5:1 gears, but better, for a whole lot less money. $165

NOS and mint in original box box Gold 440 with original rod clamp kit and manual/schematic. No clicker. Engraved graphics. Box is in poor condition. $185

NOS mint 440 with original rod clamp kit. No clicker. Unusual gold/black combo. Engraved graphics. $165

Extra non-clicker spool for PG 251. Full of Spectra. $35

SOLD: New and mint in original box polished C500C-6 with original rod clamp kit and wrench. Alan Tani has said on his website (Alantani.com) that if he had to choose one reel for California saltwater fishing, it would be a Pro Gear CS 500 series.$245

SOLD: NOS mint Gunmetal Wahoo Special with clicker. Original rod clamp kit. New style. Engraved graphics. $195

SOLD: Near mint gold 545. 9.5 on a 10 scale, with original rod clamp kit. No clicker. Mechanically, this is just like an Accurate Jigmaster Magnum, but better, for a whole lot less money. $170

SOLD: NOS mint gold Yellowtail Special with clicker. Original rod clamp kit with wrench. Engraved graphics. $185

SOLD: Silver 251. 7.5 on a 10 scale. Lots of scratches and boat rash. Engraved. No clicker or rod clamp. Feels great mechanically Mechanically, this is just like an Accurate Squidder 145 Magnum with 5:1 gears, but better, for a whole lot less money. $135

SOLD: Black 251 with gunmetal right side plate. 8 on a 10 scale. Free spools beautifully, but gears are rough. Half full of Spectra. No rod clamp. $125.

SOLD: NOS mint Pro Gear GR3000 with clicker. Mechanically, this is like a 3/0 Accurate Magnum, but better. No rod clamp. $145

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Inventory updated as of 7.26.20:

NOS Gold 251. No clicker. Engraved graphics. Original rod clamp kit and wrench. A few tiny marks but appears to be unused. Mechanically, this is just like an Accurate Squidder 145 Magnum with 5:1 gears, but better, for a whole lot less money. $165

New and mint in original box polished C500C-6 with original rod clamp kit and wrench. Alan Tani has said on his website (Alantani.com) that if he had to choose one reel for California saltwater fishing, it would be a Pro Gear CS 500 series.$245

NOS mint Gunmetal Wahoo Special with clicker. Original rod clamp kit. New style. Engraved graphics. $195

Near mint gold 545. 9.5 on a 10 scale, with original rod clamp kit. No clicker. Mechanically, this is just like an Accurate Jigmaster Magnum, but better, for a whole lot less money. $170

New and mint in original box box Gold 440 with original rod clamp kit and manual/schematic. No clicker. Engraved graphics. Box is in poor condition. $185

NOS mint 440 with original rod clamp kit. No clicker. Unusual gold/black combo. Engraved graphics. $165

Silver 251. 7.5 on a 10 scale. Lots of scratches and boat rash. Engraved. No clicker or rod clamp. Feels great mechanically Mechanically, this is just like an Accurate Squidder 145 Magnum with 5:1 gears, but better, for a whole lot less money. $135

Black 251 with gunmetal right side plate. 8 on a 10 scale. Free spools beautifully, but gears are rough. Half full of Spectra. No rod clamp. $125.

Extra non-clicker spool for PG 251. Full of Spectra. $35

Fishead

What is the silver framed reel with black side plates just left of the wahoo special?
If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Fishead

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Fishead

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Fishead on August 22, 2020, 05:20:30 PM
Sorry I didn't see the post with all the sold reel marked off

No problem.  I just picked up another GR3000 in it's original box, which was the reel that you had asked about originally.  This one is lightly used, a 9 on a 10 scale, and I could sell it for $135 plus shipping.

I also picked up another Yellowtail Special.  This one is silver with clicker, and I would read it as an 8 on a 10 scale. It is full of good looking 80lb braid oh, and I can sell it for $165 plus shipping.

Vintage Offshore Tackle