Atlantic Reels

Started by PacRat, June 14, 2021, 06:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PacRat

Any interest in Atlantic reels? I know of a gentleman who wishes to sell off a lot of his Penn collection and he has two NIB Atlantic Salt Water Reels. These are NOT Penn Atlantics. I didn't see a photo of the actual reels but he described them as entirely bakelite and were manufactured when Penn employees attempted to start their own company. The boxes looked pristine in the photos.

This gentleman also has about two dozen picture box Penns in very nice boxes (most with papers and tools). These are mostly Longbeach, Surfmaster, Delmar, Beachmaster, Monofil, Etc. He's not looking to dump his collection cheap but it seems like it may be time for him to down-size.

I urged him to join this group but he doesn't seem to care for the internet much. He has frequented the Fred Hall show and may be acquainted with Fred. He will be at the Longbeach Rod and Gun Club tackle show this coming Saturday (6/19/21).

If any of you are serious about purchasing from him I will forward his contact info (with his permission, of course). PM me if interested.
-Mike