Squidder

Started by Scattergun2570, July 26, 2020, 11:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scattergun2570

Is there a fix for when the quick release screw loosens up more often than it should?

mikeysm

Try adding a small plastic washer.

Mike

Gfish

Is the spring there and(or) is it worn-out or broken.
The spring should be between the bakelite head-plate and the inner metal ring rivited to the inside of said plate, invisible until the two'er seperated(broken?).
Should act like the springs in Penn spool bushings and keep enough pressure on the unit to keep it from unscrewing.
Other than the plastic washer fix, you could try non-hardening thread-lock compound. I might try and file a wider gap on a ss lock-washer, push it in around the screw shaft, then squeeze the gap closed so it stays put.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Scattergun2570

Quote from: mikeysm on July 29, 2020, 02:42:14 PM
Try adding a small plastic washer.

Mike
[/quote

Add it to where?

Scattergun2570

Quote from: Gfish on July 29, 2020, 09:06:38 PM
Is the spring there and(or) is it worn-out or broken.
The spring should be between the bakelite head-plate and the inner metal ring rivited to the inside of said plate, invisible until the two'er seperated(broken?).
Should act like the springs in Penn spool bushings and keep enough pressure on the unit to keep it from unscrewing.
Other than the plastic washer fix, you could try non-hardening thread-lock compound. I might try file a wider gap on a ss lock-washer, push it in around the screw shaft, then squeeze the gap closed so it stays put.
[/quote
I don't know,its a friend of mines reel..I will check on that spring. Thanks