alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Garcia GK10
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
August 13, 2020, 06:45:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Garcia GK10  (Read 227 times)
Lingwendil
East SF bay area pier rat

« on: July 28, 2020, 05:37:40 AM »

Hey guys! A while back I got a few nice reels in a care package from Xjchad (thanks again!) when we worked out a trade on that old Harnell rod. One of them is a Garcia GK10. I pulled it apart and cleaned it up a while back and just got around to getting the pictures up. It was very similar to that sportfisher and compac internally, with some differences. This was originally posted  in the "B grade spinning reels" thread, but this subforum is a bit sparse so decided to repost it here too!

Looks to be in typical "on a shelf in a garage for a loooong time" condition. Rotates smoothly.

Made in Taiwan-

At least it's all metal inside Smiley

Simple drag with a single cork/rubber washer.

Cleaned up very nice and it so happened that I had a worn but usable Garcia Conolon 2121 ultralight rod that was a perfect match for it. I spooled it with some 6# Maxima Ultragreen and we've been using it to catch tiny stripers at our spot with some #14 hooks Smiley

Levelwind Lunatic! Cheap Bastard!

Penn and Pflueger nutjob!

Eyes out for: Pflueger Rocket, vintage 4-1 ratio or better spinning reels (especially metal-bodied and ultralight!)
oc1
Sensei

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 11:18:30 AM »

You traded a Harnell rod for thatSmiley
-steve
Lingwendil
East SF bay area pier rat

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 12:35:04 PM »

This reel, and a NIB Mitchell 300 with spare spool, a good used 300, and a nearly mint Penn 77. The harnell was a 5' ultralight spinning rod in good used condition. I wasn't planning to use the harnell, and I have a decent Garcia Conolon rod already that I put this reel onto. I'm more than pleased with the trade.  Cool

Levelwind Lunatic! Cheap Bastard!

Penn and Pflueger nutjob!

Eyes out for: Pflueger Rocket, vintage 4-1 ratio or better spinning reels (especially metal-bodied and ultralight!)
philaroman

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 05:30:49 PM »

You traded a Harnell rod for thatSmiley
-steve

I'm more than pleased with the trade.  Cool

from a UL-guy perspective, I'd give up a big pile of goodies I'm not using, anyway,
for a 2-pc, grudgingly...  or, POUNCE on a 1-pc Harnell UL !!!
I'd be like Golum, sitting on a mid-stream rock, screeching about MY PRECIOUS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: