Anti Reverse Spring and Pawl upgrade for Torium 16, 20, 30 parts wanted

Started by Fishtrap, July 28, 2020, 03:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishtrap

Hello,

Can anyone tell me where I could find the parts for the infamous spring loaded AR upgrade?  I picked up some used Torium's in the older model that I would like to upgrade.

Parts are Shimano TGT 1303 & TGT 1304.  If I can get the wire material and wire diameter, I was going to try to make them myself by buying spring wire.  I can have some made locally in Houston for about $10 each (depending on how many I buy...just don't need but 7-8 pcs. and no one will touch that quantity).  Thanks!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Fishtrap

Thanks Alan, just replied with a message.  Hoping you got it as I do not see a sent items folder?

RowdyW

Did you check mark the box at the bottom left of the pm?        Rudy

triumphrick

So, Alan, do you have a source for the springs? I kept most of the pawls as I replaced the old ones with the TGT1303 so have a few that I can peel off the fingers and file smooth if the customers pawls are too beat up....but those springs are the problem! I too got a heads up from someone in Houston who got the price down to $5 with a minimum order of 100.

alantani

a local spring manufacturing company also told me that it would be $5 per piece for about a hundred pieces, but that was years ago.  with the number of these reels decreasing, it might not be worth it.   :-\

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

triumphrick

Has anyone seen or tried this trick...?

Bryan Young

Quote from: triumphrick on August 26, 2020, 12:51:16 PM
Has anyone seen or tried this trick...?
I haven't tried it but I will look into it in my next service of any of the 16/20/30/40/50 Trinidads/Toriums.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

no, but i am definitely going to give it a try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

redfish12

alantani

not sure, but i was thinking about a small washer to cover it. 

Donnyboat

Thats a good idea Rick, thanks for your input, would a spring, from a sig lighter do the job, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

steelfish

this seems like a solid Hack

since DC spring and dog are not available, this looks like a good option
The Baja Guy