Sealine 300H & 400H drag upgrades

Started by Fishead, August 02, 2020, 01:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishead

I am looking to upgrade the drags in my 300 & 400 sea lines. I see Bryan's kit for the 400. Is He the only one making one for the 400? Is there one available for the 300? I guess I should ask about 50H since my 300 & 350 have 50H gears. Should be the same washers though. Or so I would think.
If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!

Porthos

Bryan had started development on a 300H/350H/50H kit years ago, think he found it too costly to proceed.

Any metal washer upgrades in these reels will be custom work. gstours has had the most success here.

Bryan Young

The 300H/350H/50H kits were not drop in and needed some modifying of the main gear.  For this reason, I stopped development of these kits.

The 400H are available though Mystic Reel Parts.  Get them while they last as I may not be producing any more drag kits in the future.

I started with the 400H and 600H drag kits and it has taken 9 years to go through my supply of kits, and likely 10-11 years until all kits are sold.  Its not financial feasible for me to maintain inventory for this long and to keep prices where they are.  Any increase in prices will likely reduce the amount of limited buyers.  I will be talking with others to see if they would like to pick up the product line.  Will definitely let you guys know as soon as I know the path moving forward.

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Fishead

Thanks Brian. I will get the 400 kit from them. I will use standard stack carbontex or leather in the 300's.
If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!

Porthos

Quote from: Fishead on August 03, 2020, 06:56:01 PM
Thanks Brian. I will get the 400 kit from them. I will use standard stack carbontex or leather in the 300's.

Some form of CF, IMHO, is preferable to leather; Alan used one #6-855 (under gear) and three #6-114 (drag stack):
https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=18.0

Could probably consider a Smooth Drag delrin washer instead of the #6-855. The delrin washer being thinner than a #6-855 opens the possibility of having another delrin between the top metal washer and the spacing sleeve without adversely affecting the stack height. Sal had recommended doing this for more smoothness even if the 20# drag threshold (where CF under gear washers will start shredding) never is reached. The star will really need to be buttoned down to get to 20 lbs drag on a three-stack. 15 lbs is the target I use since my 3xxH's serve as a 50 lb reels. Might try for 18 lbs drag for 60 lb reel but only in a pinch given my 300H/350H's only have the factory brass gear sleeves.