285, 285M Delmar

Started by sdlehr, April 07, 2016, 01:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie K

The last Seaboy 85 I bought off of e-bay came to me with a bent 29L-85 spool.  The seller took deceptive photography and deceptive description to peddle their busted up junk.  The seller was aware that I was looking for a spool because I e-mailed them and asked about the spool. 

After careful consideration I believe buying new is the better option, at least for me.

Beachmaster

Quote from: mo65 on February 06, 2020, 01:29:09 AM
Quote from: Beachmaster on February 06, 2020, 12:39:56 AM
Thanks Mo!  I gotta stop soon...I also bought those three 330N Quicks for $32.  On another note, what can I use the 85 Seaboy for?  I am in Texas and fish the Texas coast.

That Seaboy is equipped for bottom fishing in bays with the aluminum spool, new drags, and loaded with pink Ande. As cheap as you got it, it could also be disassembled for all those choice parts. The spool alone is worth more than you paid for the reel. Heck, the pink Ande is worth more! That reel has many options. You could strip off the 20lb. Ande and replace with a half spool of 30 lb. line for catfishing. At half spool that thing has enough power to twist the stand if you lock it down.
Mo I believe I will make this a redfish reel.

Swami805

I have this 285 with the old box. It has this small piece of paper with it and I'd never seen one before  is this just a random thing that ended up in here or did it commonly come in the box? Thanks
Do what you can with that you have where you are

sabaman1

Wow, does that read $5.50 on the price?
JIM

Eddie K

Nice reel Sheridan!  I like thpse stippled side plates.

Maxed Out

Nice reel Sheridan. Box and reel are 1945-48 time frame. Looks like original owner was Earl Childers. The paper may be left in there from someone that packaged it for shipping. Back then most things were mail order purchases, especially if you lived a long distance from an outfitter
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!